Darwin, August, somewhere to leave van and 4WD

Submitted: Tuesday, May 17, 2005 at 01:36
ThreadID: 121983 Views:4049 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hello Bushtrackers
Kiwi Hendersons here - Boroma owners who attended and thoroughly enjoyed the BT rally Copeton Dam 04.
We need to find some where safe and secure to leave our 22ft Boroma and Landcruiser (our fulltime Oz home for the past 14 months around your back yard) for 2 weeks from 3 August 05 to 17 August 05, while we return home to NZ for a quick visit.
If any BT owners have a suggestion regarding the above we would appreciate a reply.
To the BT owners who we occasionally exchange emails with, we are in Ceduna SA, heading towards the Nullarbor in the next few days, hope to catch up with Jan and Easy in Kalgoorlie, sometime soon.
Regards
Hendo1944
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Tuesday, May 17, 2005 at 06:21

Tuesday, May 17, 2005 at 06:21
I have forwarded your message to Peter & Judy (big Pete) who have a son in Darwin to see if they know of anywhere. Will get back to you when I have a reply.

Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 566366

Follow Up By: Keith & Joan - Tuesday, May 17, 2005 at 07:30

Tuesday, May 17, 2005 at 07:30
Lee Point Caravan Park have a secure lock up compound for cars and vans that have been left for a while. It is out of town a wee bit past the airforce base and the Hospital. A very nice park if you want to stay for a while. But to leave your home and transport it is a good place. might cost a few dollars, but it is secure. Give them a ring and get the lowdown, it has been a while since we were there. Good Luck, Keith & Joan,
FollowupID: 844566

Reply By: Jaunty Jordans - Tuesday, May 17, 2005 at 09:30

Tuesday, May 17, 2005 at 09:30
Hi guys,
We live in Darwin but will not be around at that time as we are heading os in mid June.
I would definitely follow up re Lee Point cp as I know they do have a secure lock up area for vans and cars but you will need to be staying at the park in order to access this. We left our van and car there for 4 weeks at no cost but that was back a year or two now.
Another place to try is the U-Store-It out on the Stuart Highway. This place is almost directly opposite the Palms Resort (nice park). Still a bit out of town but easier to get to and I know the people there are very good; friends of ours stored their BT there for quite some time while they were working in a remote community. Don't know the cost though!
Prue
AnswerID: 566367

Reply By: hendo1944 - Tuesday, May 17, 2005 at 20:12

Tuesday, May 17, 2005 at 20:12
Many thanks, Keith, Joan, Prue and Brian, will follow up on these suggestions.

We are leaving Ceduna this morning heading west, so internet connections may be few and far between for a few days. I'm sure we will find something safe and suitable from the suggestions. We wish more information centre were similar to this one at Ceduna, we plugged our own laptop into Broadband here for $3.00 unlimited time, could have stayed here all day if need be!
Safe Travelling everyone, we saw a great sign on the back of a van the other "Thistledous" - very clever really.
regards
Grant and Smillie H
AnswerID: 566368

Our Sponsors