Greetings from Cape York

Submitted: Thursday, May 26, 2005 at 18:32
ThreadID: 121998 Views:4140 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I am attaching an email from Tgintl (Jay Gould). Jay has had some email contact but no access to the Forum on the trip to cape York.

*******************************************************************************************
Hi All

Something for you to post if you so desire:

Luvntravln, Tasitracker5, and Gadget1 successfully completed the Bloomfield Track from Cape Tribulation to Cooktown without incident. We spent one night at Bloomfield Caravan Park and two nights at Endeavor Falls Caravan Park and are now headed to the “tip”.

For Luvntravln it was quite an educational experience learning to utilize the full capacity and power of our F250 including proper use of low-range and diff lockers. Relying on Rod’s demanding instructions – “trust me and let the brake off” – our heavy beast, operated properly, climbed the steep hills without a problem. After the Vic Widman training course the downhill was no challenge (the hills we tackled during the training course without towing our BT were much steeper).

Not to deter those of you with Land Cruisers, Gadget1 went up and down in style.

I will do another posting the next time we have a signal.

Cheers,

The “We Did The Trip To The Tip And Towed Our Bushtrackers” Gang

PS to Steve Gibbs – thanks for convincing me to purchase an F250!

Motley

Life's too short to drink bad wine.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Motherhen & Rooster - Thursday, May 26, 2005 at 21:13

Thursday, May 26, 2005 at 21:13
Wow - they took the BTs on the Bloomfield track! Are they taking them all the way to the top? Look forward to more news of these intrepid travellers as you hear from them. I hope they all had their cameras busy.

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Follow our travelogues, bush camping and other travel hints at www.australiasomuchtosee.com

AnswerID: 566411

Reply By: Freewheelers - Friday, May 27, 2005 at 01:56

Friday, May 27, 2005 at 01:56
sounds great how about some trek notes along the the line of exploroz cheers
Stephen & Deborah

AnswerID: 566412

Reply By: Homeboy - Wednesday, Jun 01, 2005 at 06:05

Wednesday, Jun 01, 2005 at 06:05
Glad to hear you are still in one piece. Look forward to catching up soon and hearing all the stories

Roy, Sasha and the girls x
AnswerID: 566413

Our Sponsors