Greetings from Cape York

Submitted: Wednesday, Jun 01, 2005 at 04:19
ThreadID: 122009 Views:4024 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
The “We Did The Trip To The Tip In Style Towing Our Bushtracker” Gang is pleased to advise the BOG Group and future Bushtracker owners that this email is being sent from Punsand Bay Safari & Fishing Lodge.

We arrived at Punsand on Sunday after having spent two nights at Captain Billy’s Landing and Monday was our R&R day. One of the highlights of the day was to get down and dirty and do a thorough inspection of the underside of our BTs and tow vehicles. Naturally, having decided to test our Bushtrackers to the ultimate extreme we were very interested to determine if we had any broken bits or welds, loose bolts or fittings, or leaky tanks or hoses.

Bottom line: those bloody caravans are bullet proof! No one should hesitate to make the trip – carefully and using the North and South bypass roads – as it is a trip of a lifetime and we feel quite an accomplishment.

As for the caravans, Luvntravln probably made the most thorough inspection given the weight involved and tested most of the bolts and fittings. There wasn’t a single loose fitting or bolt, no leaky tanks or hoses, no broken bits or welds, the new Swift stove didn’t have one loose screw and worked perfectly – in fact – everything in The Land Yacht provided by Bushtracker Int’l worked as it was supposed to work.

The same can be said for the other caravans too!

Thursday we all part company as we start our individual trips to Cairns and points south. Luvntravln gratefully thanks both TasiTracker5 and Gadget1 for all of their encouragement and assistance.

Cheers,

The “We Did The Trip To The Tip In Style Towing Our Bushtracker” Gang

PS: Anyone who is going to the Gympie Toyota Country Music Muster look for Luvntravln and say “hello”.

PPS: See everyone at Copeton.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Wednesday, Jun 01, 2005 at 04:31

Wednesday, Jun 01, 2005 at 04:31
Jay,
Now you will have to take the time to type up a detailed trip log for the reference of other Bushtrackers that will follow in your tracks.

Could I just make one suggestion, as it is something that you will not notice until it breaks.

Last year the Kimberley roads/tracks and all the corrugations over the previous 3 years caused some of the cupboard door hinge screws to work loose, and if left un-checked the hinge will eventually fatugue and break. I had never checked ours before one broke, so a little time spent checking the security of each screw may be well spent. You might not have a problem with your newer van as BTi now put additional hinges on all the doors to what they did 4 years ago.
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 566483

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Friday, Jun 03, 2005 at 18:55

Friday, Jun 03, 2005 at 18:55
Jay, so glad you all had a great time getting to the Cape and for being pioneers of the circuit for future BT owners.

When can we expect the release of the DVD? LOL.

Angie
AnswerID: 566484

Our Sponsors