Mounting AT35 on Underside

Submitted: Saturday, Jun 18, 2005 at 08:10
ThreadID: 122034 Views:3966 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
G'day,
Just did some research of previous discusssions re clearance of WDH bars and chassis and it seems mounting the hitch on the underside of the plate is the way to go. I had actually figured that out myself today but got stuck at the point of getting the hitch off. Just wanted to make sure there was no problem with doing it this way apart from having to remove the hitch to grease properly. Previous threads in the archives have reasured me this is the way to go. Does this mean everyone using the AT35 with HR WDH has to do the same to clear the bars on 150mm chassis with extended A Frame?

Whoever tightens the bolts on the AT35 at BTi either eats 18 weet bix each morning or maybe some thread lock is used. I couldn't get them loose with 2ft breaker bar. Tomorrow I'll attack it with the 12 volt impact wrench! -Unless I've got this all wrong and need to adjust some other way?

Cheers
Matt

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Motherhen & Rooster - Sunday, Jun 19, 2005 at 02:06

Sunday, Jun 19, 2005 at 02:06
We have just fitted the AT35 on the top of the plate - the previous similar type was fitted underneath. The bars of the WDH come a lot closer to the frame, so we have re-set placement of the safety chains so there was no conflict. The hayman reese is now set higher, and will avoid the drag we had on very rough tracks. It all looks good - just need the chance to get away from the cruel world in the BT again.
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Follow our travelogues, bush camping and other travel hints at www.australiasomuchtosee.com

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 566528

Reply By: TroopyTracker - Sunday, Jun 19, 2005 at 05:09

Sunday, Jun 19, 2005 at 05:09
Thanks for the reply Motherhen,

I think (almost sure) we have different shaped drawbars hence the different setup.

I got the bolts undone but only with the 12volt impact wrench, that things unbelievable! Haven't hooked up the van yet to check clearance, started raining-camped at Bourke at the moment.

Matt
AnswerID: 566529

Our Sponsors