Paint Protection

Submitted: Saturday, Jun 25, 2005 at 20:52
ThreadID: 122054 Views:3684 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Gday All,
We have just returned from completing the Canning Stock Route.In 2001 We travelled up to well 33 but could not complete the trip because there was to much water from well 33 north.Our Nissan received some serious scratches to the paint work on that trip.This time we discovered a product called Scratch Pro that we painted on our 4 wheel drives.It done a fantastic job in protecting the vehicles from scratches and we can recommend it for the use on tracks where the vegetation will cause serious paint work damage.
For further information regarding this product check out their web site
www.autoskin.com.au.
We purchased 1 litre from Oposite Lock at a cost off $60. 1 litre was sufficient to give 2 coates to the most vunerable parts of the vehicle,however next time we use it we will purchase 2 litres per vehicle and apply 3 to 4 coates.This will give better protection and make it easier to remove.
A great product.

Cya Keith & Sue.
Bato Keith & Susan

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Saturday, Jun 25, 2005 at 20:58

Saturday, Jun 25, 2005 at 20:58
Do you apply it with a spray gun like painting; and how does it work?

Once put on the vehicle does it stay there for the life of the vehicle or does it wear or polish off over time.

Never heard of this product before.
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 566570

Reply By: Bato - Saturday, Jun 25, 2005 at 21:08

Saturday, Jun 25, 2005 at 21:08
Gday Brian,
Its a water soluble product that lasts for approx.6 weeks.It is applied with a small roller or brush and dries clear.It looks like a bad paint job when its on and peels and washes off when you have completed your trip.We carried some with us and touched up the areas that were torn off by the vegetation.
We must say it worked far better than we had expected.
Cya Keith & Sue.
Bato Keith & Susan

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 566571

Reply By: Motherhen & Rooster - Sunday, Jun 26, 2005 at 00:23

Sunday, Jun 26, 2005 at 00:23
I take it your trip didn't include caravan?
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Follow our travelogues, bush camping and other travel hints at www.australiasomuchtosee.com

AnswerID: 566572

Follow Up By: Noosa Fox - Sunday, Jun 26, 2005 at 00:43

Sunday, Jun 26, 2005 at 00:43
I have never done the Canning, but from what I have been told parts of it are hard enough to get over the sand hills without towing anything, and it would be near on impossible towing a caravan of any type.

I imagine it is something like the Simpson, and people who have towed camper trailers end up having to get winched or snatched over some of the hills.
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

FollowupID: 844667

Reply By: Bato - Sunday, Jun 26, 2005 at 05:41

Sunday, Jun 26, 2005 at 05:41
You are right Brian,it really is no place for a trailor or caravan.Some try to tow trailors and i am sure if you have plenty of patience and a good understanding of tyre pressures you might get away with towing a very good off road trailor but definately no caravans.Also it is not wise to travel alone.
cya keith.
Bato Keith & Susan

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 566573

Our Sponsors