van pickup & home trip

Submitted: Tuesday, Jun 28, 2005 at 03:22
ThreadID: 122059 Views:3231 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
hi all just a brief note on our adventure so far
we picked up on tues 14 /6/05 we were at bt from 9 am to about 3.30 pm a long day but the brissy caravan show was on so paul & co were away but the others steve & peter who covered did a good job
we stayed the next 3 nights at cottontree c p in maroochydore ( 26c 24c & 22c ) a good recommendation (thanks guys) close to the many shops you need & bt which we revisited the next day
friday 17/6 went down to aussie traveller & had our annexe walls fitted & then headed out into the traffic over the gateway bridge & south along the pacific motorway to stay on a rellies front lawn near the gold coast for the night the van towed very nicely over night it was 4.5 c quite a shock
saturday 18/6 saw us head down to brunswck heads nice spot much like byron bay was 20 years ago stayed in c p on the river stayed an extra night
mon 20/6 tues 21/6 went to yuraygir national park about 50 km north of coffs harbour our first off road adventure 14 km of forest road to get to station creek camp site (rather tight for vans took about 15 minute manouvreing to get into a sunny spot) great bush setting about 1 km walk from very pretty beaches plenty free fire wood no power so we tested the solar for the next two days didn't drop below 12.9
wed we went onto south west rocks it was blowy at arakoon (the old goal for those of you who have been there) so we went back to a nice sheltered c p at s w rocks
thurs down through port macquarie, laureton (bought some fresh fish) & onto diamond head in crowdy head national park very pretty with kangaroos in the camp ground & on the beach rain & wind over night
friday24/6 drissley morning so we head out down past taree & then across to gloucester in rather heavy rain great for the farmers from glousester to dungog & then some rather hilly stuff across to singleton to visited aunt & uncle we stayed that night in a good free camp at broke (which is just west of the lower hunter vineyards)
saturday down the freeway to home on the lower north shore in sydney
around 1600 km including 50 of dirt a good taste of bt life which we enjoyed & look forward to the next episode
cheers
Stephen & Deborah

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Tuesday, Jun 28, 2005 at 03:41

Tuesday, Jun 28, 2005 at 03:41
Bet you are busy putting all the goodies into the van ready for the next trip. We have everything packed all the time so that all we have to do is put some perishable food and clothes in and we can be off.

Sure is a great life being able to camp comfortably anywhere you like.

Did you have a Webasto heater fitted for those cold nights? We highly recommend them as being worth the money.
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 566586

Our Sponsors