Some wonderful travel notes and trip destinations on the "Private Forum"

Submitted: Monday, Jul 04, 2005 at 22:30
ThreadID: 122083 Views:3635 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
In the "Private Forum" for Members, there are some wonderful travel notes and trip notes and such from the Bushtracker Owners... When you are able, I would suggest that all on the Public Forum join up, not only to support this Site, but also gain access to the Bushtracker Owners Private Forum... We at Bushtracker are not involved in fee structure, this comes as a friendly tip for those on the outside here in the Public Forum... While it is free here, there is more on the Private Forum, for instance right now a couple of great exchanges on Trip Notes!!!

I do not push any commercial interests on this site, this is just a tip for those that are able and might want to join up.. I think it is worthwhile...

Kind Regards, stg
"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: jandm - Tuesday, Jul 05, 2005 at 08:13

Tuesday, Jul 05, 2005 at 08:13
Hi Steve

The last time this was raised a few months ago, it was reconfirmed that "to sign up" one has to either own a BT or else have placed an order for one.

I imagine that for genuine future Boggers getting access to the Private Forum pre qualifying as per above would be quite an advantage. I appreciate (to an extent) why the qualifier is there but it would be great if there was a way around it somehow.

Jim
AnswerID: 566676

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Tuesday, Jul 05, 2005 at 20:46

Tuesday, Jul 05, 2005 at 20:46
Hello Jim,
I am not up on the structure of the BOG, but if that is true then there may not be a way around it... Now that I think of it, there are probably two reasons for wanting the Private Forum and one is the Membership pays for the maintenance of the BOG Site... Also I think, (my guess) is that the real Bushtracker Owners feel they want their own Private Forum, to protect themselves from an onslaught of undesireable outsider that might have an unattractive agenda.... They just do not want to have to deal with them... Fair enough...

For example there is a comment from a Bushtracker Owner on the Private Forum wondering if he ever wants to go on the Public Forum again, because of a party that I have had to deal with in recent Postings that was trying to invent any reason he could, to talk himself out of buying a Bushtracker; which he had done with poor Paul here since May before trying to attack the Bushtracker on the BOG... We Bushtracker Owners (yes I am one too) have to address any negative onslaught with the real truth, out of Pride of Ownership of our Bushtracker vans... Unfortunately anyone can say anything on a Public Forum, so some want to retreat to a Private Forum for real exchange of information on their Bushtrackers. Now that I think of it, there probably is no way to screen genuine interest, except by making it just for real Owners that either have one or are in the queue waiting for one. Otherwise the honest information exchange would be open to attack, for instance by people that could not afford the Product, or had some other ulterior motives... The real Bushtracker Owners do not want to necessarily be under the critical eye of such people that only want to disrupt the Site because of their own unterior motives..

So, I am sorry Jim, but you might have to wait until you are ready to join up... The Tips here are of general interests, but if you notice the numbers missing, those are the ones that are only for current Bushtracker Owners on specific subjects relating to current gear or care for their vans... And there might not be a way around this...

However, I will try and fill any gaps, or questions you have, for anything you think you might be missing out on, until you are ready to join the BT Family... OK? Feel free to ask anything that you like, or if it is private go to www.bushtracker.com or enquires@bushtracker.com directly...

Kind Regards.. from the Ranger...
"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 844735

Our Sponsors