l/c ifs

Submitted: Friday, Jul 08, 2005 at 02:58
ThreadID: 122094 Views:3643 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
hi all for those of you who have asked & are interested

the strengthening upgrade to the front suspension is as follows
the bracket is L shaped about 4-5 mm thick each leg of the L is around 85 mm long & the bracket is 60 -70 deep the bracket is installed on the rear of the bottom wishbone on the front suspension one near each front wheel if you imaging that the wishbone has an underside parallel to the road & the rear or the wishbone is at 90 degrees to the road & these 2 faces form a corner then its here that the brackets are installed
the vertical face of the bracket is installed behind the receiving knuckle of the tortion bar & shares the same bolts ( ie you need to remove & replace the tortion bar & knuckle to install the bracket ) the horizontal leg of the bracket bolts to the underside of the wishbone if you look at ernies photos (posted) you will get the idea but not an easy place to photograph

Stephen & Deborah

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Freewheelers - Friday, Jul 08, 2005 at 03:08

Friday, Jul 08, 2005 at 03:08
an extension of the above
vic widman who runs blue mountains 4wd tour driver training courses as well as cross aus tours (some of you know him ) well respected & very knowledgeable uses l/c with ifs he cracked both sides of the standard suspension on at least one vehicle with the upgrade he has had no trouble since & believe me these guys take vehicle where most people fear to tread so unless your planning some extreme adventure then you should be ok cheers
Stephen & Deborah

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 566707

Our Sponsors