By Several Email Requests: Show Results and Average Size Now and Forward Orders…

Submitted: Friday, Jul 08, 2005 at 18:42
ThreadID: 122095 Views:8341 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I have gotten some enquires just for curiosity sake, on how the Brisbane Show actually went… Stimulated by the negative agenda Posting of some really preposterous figures, (a really silly statement by someone keen to have a dig at Bushtracker any chance they can invent..) But, moving on, for those who have E-mailed, curious how Orders are actually going, here is where we are…. Ask a real question, and get a real answer:

We sent out the last three Contracts in our backlog yesterday. People take a little time to bring themselves to purchase a van in this category where they are routinely spending the $70,000 to $90,000 average… The Show results come in from about now to October, but some are actually years later… The ridiculous Posting earlier suggested that a so called Competitor of ours had a huge ridiculous amount of sales from the Show, and we had none… Ha! Ha! Both ends of that silliness are not true… The overwhelming majority of people do not impulse buy that many $80,000 and $90,000 vans on the spot at a Show… Sure we get Sales at the Shows, but we rarely even have a van for sale at the Shows, those are Owners Vans on Display… They may indicate “Serious Interest” or “Serious Intentions”, but those are not “Sales” as was suggested. We would have gotten 10 of those a day, “Expressions of Serious Interest” but we would not be silly enough to go around spreading rumours that those were actually Sales… Sort of going beyond counting your chickens before they hatch into absolute absurdity… Ask me a real question, and you get a real answer, just how it is. You can count on that for a fact.

The longest forward planning was Ian “Tex” …Fine Gentleman, whose van is back here now for some repairs… He was at the Show expressing “Serious Intent” for four or five years running, and He holds the record… Ha! For those in Planning: We have now Booked out 2005 and have Orders in January and February as we are now Booking Deliveries for 2006. For any of you in Planning Stage, keep in mind you need to think ahead a bit… We can never, and have never, been able to keep up with Demand, because some people wait until too late to Order… They often go on to buy the Competition, and we see some of them back a year or two later with the common statement: “We can wait now”. Sad but true… Anyway, my contribution to this BOG is purely out of good intentions to do a good thing, not sales related. Proof: We have never been able to keep up with Demand, some always wait too long and impulse buy the so called Competition to get it faster..

For those of you in Planning, the Public Forum is open to just anybody, a few with “not nice” agendas, but we cannot help that and you have to look beyond it. But when you get to Order Stage and get in the Schedule, I would invite you to an entirely different and far more positive and rewarding environment in the “Private Forum”. There are more specific Tips for Owners, and fantastic Travel Logs, and Travel Tips from the Real Bushtracker Owners… They are the Sales Staff of Bushtracker, on the road, as one of the Boggers signs off : “Doing it in the Bush”…. Ha!

One more thing in relation to those in Planning, SIZE… We have built 33 in the last couple years, (34th indicated yesterday), Second Bushtracker vans for Owners, and the predominant factor is moving up in size… 18’ used to be what we called “adequate” and “average size”. While it is “adequate”, a lot of people have had so much fun with the Bushtracker Lifestyle, they have moved into “doing it more in the Bush” Ha! And so, have wanted a little more luxury, little more storage, just that little more to be a better Lifestyle… And now our average is 20’… So maybe we need to consider that risk factor in “doing it right the first time”… There would be as many below 20’ down four feet to 16’ as those over 20’ say up to 24’… But the average size is no longer 18’, it is definitely 20’… OK?

Just looking after ya, the “Ranger”

"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: F Troop - Friday, Jul 08, 2005 at 21:03

Friday, Jul 08, 2005 at 21:03
Hi all,
Re the size issue, I ordered a 18', changed my mind and had a 20', and now I have two foot itttis, and I may go to a 22' but I got to get that past the finance minister first.
Who said size dosent matter.
Graham
AnswerID: 566708

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Friday, Jul 08, 2005 at 21:21

Friday, Jul 08, 2005 at 21:21
Well thank you for your considerate input Graham, you have always been a Champion, as your better half would say Purrrrrrfect, no doubt...

For all the Newbies, I do see a trend underfoot to go larger for a higher quality of life.... Particularly with the Ford return to Australia, and the availability of more Chevs and Dodges.. (a Dodge is due here today, with the Cummins diesel).. I have done extreme off-road towing in 18', 20', and 21'.... My new van is 22' but not done any real extreme yet... I think a jump from 18' to 22' would be a "Change of Life" in off-road... Obviously an 18' would be more capable... And a real difference in 22' would be noted...

But a two foot change say if you were used to 18' and went up to 20'.
Or if you were used to 20' and went up to 22', I really do not feel myself there is a great deal of difference, maybe none at all in practicality... After all it is only a 300mm fore and aft of the suspension difference.. I real practical terms I would think a two foot larger van will just about go anywhere a two foot smaller one would go...

The important thing for the "Newbies" is if you are in doubt, sit in our vans here at the Factory for hours if that is what it takes to make the right size choice the first time... AND keep in mind one of our Second Vans Orders went down in size... So to be honest about this, get the size that is right for your Lifestyle aims... We will help coach you through this when you design your layout... Our aim is to get it right for you the first time. Having to build a second van for someone is actually a disadvantage for us, in being fully Booked it would deprive someone else of a van... OK? We too want to get it right the first time..... But, some people just grow into this more and it is just fine with us to build them a larger van... Our aim is to take the best care of Customers possible, that is why we are where we are..

Kind Regards Graham

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 844756

Reply By: Agnes Lifestyle - Friday, Jul 08, 2005 at 21:53

Friday, Jul 08, 2005 at 21:53
Size does matter. We have a 16footer with ensuite and it is great for getting into all the places that the bigger vans would have trouble with. We can go into the smaller car parks and smaller camping areas We love it and think it is huge until we pull up next to a BT bigger than 16'.Some people do not want to go to those far out places. Everbody has a different agenda. Some people have children and some want to live in them. Some want plenty of space and some want the bar fridge and dishwasher. Some people want an F250 and some wouldn't even consider it. So everything has to be put into perspective.
We love our 16 footer and tow with a GU Nissan Patrol.
Dianne and Ron
AnswerID: 566709

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Friday, Jul 08, 2005 at 22:01

Friday, Jul 08, 2005 at 22:01
Right On! Diane and Ron!
It is horses for courses of course!

And you have to take your best guess at what suits your lifestyle, because that is what it is all about!

I am sure you could beat me, but it would make a fun competition to see if I could get an 18' with my Cruiser just about any place you could get a 16'. I used to take mine places that tag-a-long-tours would just marvel at!!! But then again, to be fair, I have never towed a 16' in really extreme circumstances, just e-z places.. I will say though, my 18' went places that would scare most people...! You keep having fun!
Kind Regards, stg

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 844757

Our Sponsors