Bushtracker Vans, The BOG and The Lone Ranger

Submitted: Wednesday, Jul 13, 2005 at 07:08
ThreadID: 122104 Views:4712 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Isn't it wonderful that we live in Australia. A country where true democracy does exist. Where people have real freedom of speech to express whatever views they want, good or bad, right or wrong.

I ordered our 20' Bushtracker in February of this year because I genuinely believed it was the BEST off-road Caravan in the market. It was tough doing the deal because there was very little room to negotiate the price (and adding on all the toys kept on pushing the price up).

Over the last four months I went to several trade shows where Bushtracker exhibited. I also visited the factory three times to check progress of my van.

I found the staff at Bushtracker absolutely fantastic. Every question I asked was answered, every request for information was fulfilled, every time something entered my mind I would pester the boys at Bushtracker and always was attended to promptly, courteously and correctly. If they needed to check on something they got back to me as quickly as possible with a detailed answer. Nothing was too much trouble even though I know I must have driven them mad.

They promised to deliver our van sometime early to mid July, and sure enough on 5 July 2005 we picked up our beautiful Bushtracker.

The product is just fantastic, and Bushtracker management and staff's attention to detail just reinforces my belief that Bushtracker is the BEST.

I have been reading the BOG forum and have watched with dismay the interactions and willful, unwarranted stirring and rubbish that some subscribers have written.

I wonder if those people have any respect for the integrity of the BOG management, in allowing these callous comments to hit the BOG. The fact that these malicious individuals can say whatever they want, even when it is untrue and aimed only to cause unnecessary heartache and distress shows how honest and big-minded the BOG management is.

These miserable,inadequate sods are verbal terrorists dropping their verbal bombs on innocent eyes wishing only to disrupt confidence in Bushtracker. The BOG is fantastic that it allows these comments. The joke is, anyone serious about wanting the best Caravan built in Australia today, won't go past Bushtracker (if they can afford the best they will buy a Bushtracker).

I believe that these malicious posts should be allowed to continue, because I believe that everyone has the right to an opinion and the right to express it, and the BOG is a forum open to the public.

I was most upset when I read Steve's posting that the Lone Ranger was leaving the BOG. I agonised as he tried to rebuff the false statements that had been laid like land mines to no end other than to cause him distress.

I rang Steve today to voice my opinion which I would like to share with you all:

1. Owners of Bushtrackers all know just how good the product is.

2. Owners of Bushtrackers value the insight and input and knowledge that Steve has to offer.

3. All malicious posts should be marked malicious and be allowed to exist.

4. Anyone reading a malicious post should be invited to ask Bushtracker Management for a personal direct response.

5. Bushtracker Management should not reply to malicious posts, just add an invitation on the bottom of such posts for readers to contact them for the true situation.

6. Bushtracker Management should not respond to forum questions about how many orders they have, how much money they have made, IT'S NO BODY'S BUSINESS. Good luck to them if their order book is full and they are making a quid because they produce excellence.

7. Competition is healthy in business, and competition grows the size of the market, bringing many more orders for all competitors. If your product is great, you will do well... that's why Bushtracker does do well, and competitors are not always nice people. So what, who cares!

8. I have asked Steve to reconsider his decision to walk. We need his continuing advice and tips, I have asked him to consider documenting all his tips and hints on one volume, properly indexed A-Z by topic, so if you wanted to look up batteries, go to B in the index. This document should be freely available to all Bushtracker owners.

That's it for me. Just wanted to put my opinion on the table, with no vested interest in anything other that human dignity.

Next couple of days we will leave Sydney to head up to Cape York in our wonderful new 20' toy.

May see you on the road somewhere, sometime. Good health and good fortune to you all.

Mike

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: But n ben - Wednesday, Jul 13, 2005 at 09:03

Wednesday, Jul 13, 2005 at 09:03
Well done to you Mike, for the contents of your post. I would have liked to have lodged a response to the general 'complexion' of the forum, but would not have made as good a job as you have done.
With a late July pick-up of our 18ft BT and being new to this 'game' I am especially interested in as much technical information as I can absorb, so as to make all my journeys as 'hassel free' as possible.
Shame, that a 'clash' of personalities out there, is discolouring the BOG site.
Don.
AnswerID: 566734

Reply By: Tellem Bugrem - Wednesday, Jul 13, 2005 at 21:44

Wednesday, Jul 13, 2005 at 21:44
Mike,

HEAR! HEAR!
What an excellent breath of fresh air, AND, I'd like to add a TICK to all 8 points you have submitted.

Our BT is three years old now, and only a few days into our recent 3 month trip through the Red Centre and Top End, we realized our batteries were dying. Phoned BTI and in 3 working days had 3 new gel glass matt batteries delivered to our campsite at Nuriootpa (Barossa Valley). Our charger had to be recalibrated to suit the new technology batteries and we sent it to BTI's suppliers, Omegalec, at Wollongong and it was back in our van at Nuriootpa the day we had planned to leave for Oodnadatta. We had flouro lights dying in Darwin, and BTI sent 3 replacements for us to collect in Katherine. We broke a spring leaf (my fault - too fast through a dip coming out of Lawn Hill) and through BTI we arranged for a repalcement to be sent to Longreach. We trod carefully to Mt Isa where a BT owner friend, Alf Horne (whom we had met at Copeton 04), helped us with temporary repairs. Whilst on "the track" we met up with many BT owners- some we knew through Copeton, and some we now have as new friends. We even had a 5 strong BT barbeque at Alice Springs' MacDonnell Ranges CP, and a 3BT side-by-side camp at the Mango Farm at Daly River. (Bob Pollock later informed us that it turned into a 6 BT camp, a couple of days after we left.)

Mike, I hope you enjoy the BT fraternity and the BTI after-sale attention that we have enjoyed. Feel free to pop into Nelson Bay to say G'day at any time in your travels.

Cheers..............Rob and Liz
AnswerID: 566735

Reply By: Grumblebum & Dragon - Thursday, Jul 14, 2005 at 12:04

Thursday, Jul 14, 2005 at 12:04
Well said all - I fully agree

John and Jean
AnswerID: 566736

Reply By: Wadefarers - Thursday, Jul 28, 2005 at 00:34

Thursday, Jul 28, 2005 at 00:34
The other day I sent an email to BTI requesting that they do a couple of little jobs for me on my van. I received an email back shortly thereafter from Steve advising that Tracy was away but that Tracy would get back to me asap. Although I see on both this and the Owners Forum a lot of vilification of both BTI and Steve in particular, I wonder why.

As far I can see, BTI offer exceptional pre and post sales service. The reason I wanted BTI to do these little jobs was because I trust them and I guess others do as well. Even from the inception of wanting a BT I have never had bad service. Sure there were things we wanted that Steve advised were, in his opinion, not necessary, but in the main we got what we asked for. Probably the only original sticking point we had was that we wanted the sink and stove/oven at the rear, which from memory had not been done before. I know at the time that both Steve and Tracy were reluctant, but it all worked out fine in the end.

I guess I cannot understand the negative comments from both prospective and current owners. I cannot be more pleased with what I have, thanks very much. I'm certainly not the richest guy on the block but this is what I aspired to and saved accordingly and as such, sure this is a big investment but, like most things, "you gets what you pays for" and with BT you sure gets a lot. After many years of camping, it is wonderful to be doing it so tough.

I have friends that have caravans and at least two are sorry that they don't have a BT, but they made a cost choice and I can understand that, but they pay the price in not being able to go where we can. Another has a BT and, like us, can't get enough of it, with probably our only collective regret being that we have not yet retired.

I chose a BT and I choose a Landcruiser to tow it with. Now I could have chosen a Gazal and towed it with a Falcon but that's NOT what I wanted. I could join the F250 brigade but I choose not to. Doesn't necessarily mean I won't or that they are a bad vehicle, I just choose not to have one. Folks, it all comes down to choice. In the old days you could buy a Holden with as many extras or modifications that Holden was willing to supply. Not necessarily the case now. So if you want a BT, a Phoenix, a Kedron or a Gazal, you make your choice. The fact that I don't have another brand of caravan was my choice but I don't put bleep on the other brands, nor their staff, just because I don't have one. Crikey boys and girls, life's too bloody short to have hissy fits over something that's basically YOUR OWN BLINKING CHOICE!!

Now, to get to the point. Love him or hate him, Steve has contributed some great tips over the past months and I must say I miss them and I noticed Paul Swift's comment in his One Tough Van posting about Steve's postings (way to go Paul). I try to glean as much as I can to utilise on my trips. To fire bullets at Steve in this forum is piss weak to say the least. If you want to have a go at Steve or BTI, send him an email at BTI but don't vent your spleen here. If you feel that strong, send an email to the BOG managers but don't use this forum as your personal whipping post. I don't like it and I'm sure others don't like it either.

We, as human beings, are all fallible. In the main I have found the BOG group, of which I am a member, to be a good group. Some things happened at both Copeton and thereafter that were a little "difficult" and as a result I pulled my head in a bit. But I have had enough of the crap that has been going on about Steve and BTI and this is my little spray at the bleep s out there that have nothing better to do with their life than be a bloody nuisance. If you don't want a BT then don't get one. If you do, then that's fine too. However, if you are just going to use this site to make derogatory remarks about Steve, BTI and/or BT owners, then BOGGER OFF!!!

Hopefully the managers won't delete this post, but if so, the c'est la vie.

Regards to all no matter what sort of van you have or want.

Jeff

AnswerID: 566737

Reply By: Bernie and Donna - Friday, Jul 29, 2005 at 05:30

Friday, Jul 29, 2005 at 05:30
I have been a member of this forum for a very short time however in this period I have gained a great deal of knowledge from the input of other members including Steve. I do not know Steve but I do know that his guidance and expertise (as blunt as it may be) will be missed by many people. Should Steve rejoin this forum I hope he looks at this ugly experience as a win for himself and a show of confidence in his ability?

Bernie
AnswerID: 566738

Our Sponsors