Sealing hinges from dust.

Submitted: Wednesday, Jul 27, 2005 at 08:41
ThreadID: 122133 Views:4280 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi...re dust on the rear windows hinges.

Many folk are talking about ways to keep dust out of the hinges and discussing various ways to seal them excluding dust.

Has anyone tried using Blu-Tack as a flexible sealer....(I am a Blu-Tack fan)..it would certainly stick and could be moulded time and time again around the hinges....

Another flexible sealant could be discarded chewing gum...many folks would have a large collection of that over a period of time...

Maybe if we asked the Aussie Cricket Team to save their used chewing gum for the BOG there would be a plentiful supply...lol

foss
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Thursday, Jul 28, 2005 at 06:17

Thursday, Jul 28, 2005 at 06:17
Foss,
I think it would be best just to place tape over the hinge so that there is nothing in the groove to bind up on. I only have it on the rear window and each time we wash the van use a high pressure hose to sqirt all the other hinges, and after 4 years have had no problems.

Went to BTi today and noticed that they now have nice new Fibreglass front window protectors on the vans waiting to go out. A big improvement over what our van has.
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 566829

Reply By: Fosssil - Thursday, Jul 28, 2005 at 18:34

Thursday, Jul 28, 2005 at 18:34
OK...thank's for that...Just a thought...but of course it does get a bit softer in the heat...and might ingress into the actual hinge.
foss
AnswerID: 566830

Our Sponsors