Raffle Prizes At The Rally.

Submitted: Thursday, Aug 04, 2005 at 03:59
ThreadID: 122150 Views:4700 Replies:5 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Raffle Prizes At The Rally.

During the past few days Judy and I have been having a break from the travel routine.
The van is parked at Bushtracker for a few modifications and we are living the life of luxury in a 12th floor apartment opposite Mooloolaba beach.

This has given me time to catch up on phone calls and e-mails so I can now confirm the following.

Webasto will present us with a heater for our fund raising raffles.

Bushtracker will offer a set of three of the new beaut AGM batteries.

Sound and motion will give a GPS unit.

I can also report that very little blood was spilt during these negotiations.

Many thanks to our sponsors for their generous donations.
Please continue to support these companies, as their support is very important to us.

And one of the best ways to support both the BOG and our sponsors is to buy raffle tickets.
Our current management team is currently working on how to best handle Internet sales of raffle tickets so that members not able to attend the rally will have an opportunity to take part.

As soon as the system is worked out they will place a post here, so watch for the next announcement.

Regards to all
Bob

"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: F Troop - Friday, Aug 05, 2005 at 21:07

Friday, Aug 05, 2005 at 21:07
Bob,
That's terrific. Sounds like a nice little cache of prizes. Thanks for your work in arranging this and I reckon a VERY BIG THANKS should go to our sponsers for supplying the prizes.
Jan
AnswerID: 566901

Reply By: Agnes Lifestyle - Friday, Aug 05, 2005 at 23:19

Friday, Aug 05, 2005 at 23:19
Thankyou to the sponsors. My hotwater bottle leaks. We could do with some of those beaut AGM batteries and our GPS is on the way out.Will have to buy lots of tickets so I can win all three.
Dianne.
AnswerID: 566902

Reply By: Whatsnew01 - Saturday, Aug 06, 2005 at 03:43

Saturday, Aug 06, 2005 at 03:43
Hi All,

Big thank you to the sponsors for the generous donations.

Roy & Judy
AnswerID: 566903

Follow Up By: ROUND-2-IT - Saturday, Aug 06, 2005 at 04:25

Saturday, Aug 06, 2005 at 04:25
Bob.
Well done on ya scrounging rounds.Great raffle prizes you have managed to get, many thanks to the sponsors who have contributed great prizes.I for one will be supporting and buying tickets.
ROUND-2-IT
FollowupID: 844832

Follow Up By: Dunrootin Lodge - Saturday, Aug 06, 2005 at 05:41

Saturday, Aug 06, 2005 at 05:41
Hi Boggers, While on our travels in our Jayco we stayed at Flying Fish Point Caravan Park, Innisfail, George and Deb were the owners. They have now sold and setting up a CP at Conway Beach, near Airlie/Proserpine. You may have seen them in one of CW mags recently. Anyway they ran a great park and gave free fish and chips to all every Wednesday lunchtime, and on Saturdays they had a BBQ where you paid about $6 each for the meat. When you paid the $6 you got a numbered ticket. After the meal they drew the butts out of a hat and gave gifts to the winners. The prizes were Flying fish caps, shirts, spoons, stubby holders etc. Also donated from campers were various assortments of craft that the ladies made while hubby was fishing. I wanted to donate so I took photos from around the area, like sunrises and sunsets etc. printed them out in my van, framed them and added it to the list of prizes. The Saturday night BBQs were great way to get together. My point is there must be lots of talented people in the Bog Membership who might like to donate something at the Copeton get together. Tickets could be sold for a couple of bucks each with the proceeds going to the Bogs group.
Sadly we wont be there this September as we haven't got our BT yet. See ya in 2006.
Regards Ian & Judy.
FollowupID: 844833

Reply By: Motherhen & Rooster - Monday, Aug 08, 2005 at 05:19

Monday, Aug 08, 2005 at 05:19
Great - all the prizes are very valuable - well gleaned committee. I want the winning ticket in the batteries! The Webasto would be nice too - i hoped for that prize last year. Hope i can buy tickets even though i can't make it to the rally.
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Follow our travelogues, bush camping and other travel hints at www.australiasomuchtosee.com

AnswerID: 566904

Reply By: Tellem Bugrem - Tuesday, Aug 16, 2005 at 18:16

Tuesday, Aug 16, 2005 at 18:16
Bob et al,

I'm putting together a Port Stephens Getaway package as a minor prize in the raffle and so far the package includes:-

1. A weekend powered site (with Ensuite) at Birubi Beach Holiday Park, Anna Bay.(That's at the eastern end on Stockton Beach.)

2. A dolphin watch cruise on Port Stephens with Moonshadow Cruises

3. Two Gold passes to Tobaggan Hill Park.(Gold Pass incudes 6 toboggan rides, mini-golf, indoor rock climb, crazy car ride, Eco-train tour of park and a walk through the Maze)

and I'm trying to negotiate a meal for two as well.

cheers................Rob
AnswerID: 566905

Follow Up By: Freewheelers - Tuesday, Aug 16, 2005 at 23:30

Tuesday, Aug 16, 2005 at 23:30
Wow, Rob

Excellent work, prize sounds great.

All you 'behind the scenes' toilers do us proud.

Still watching for absentee raffle ticket purchase info

Deborah
Stephen & Deborah

FollowupID: 844834

Follow Up By: Turist - Wednesday, Aug 17, 2005 at 02:12

Wednesday, Aug 17, 2005 at 02:12
Nothing minor about that prize Rob.

Thanks for the help, see you at Copeton.

Bob
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

FollowupID: 844835

Our Sponsors