Will Steve And Tracy Come?

Submitted: Thursday, Aug 04, 2005 at 04:01
ThreadID: 122151 Views:4172 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Will Steve And Tracy Come?
I spent some valuable with both Steve and Tracy this morning discussing all things BOG and Bushtracker.

By using some gentle persuasion techniques, whip, baseball bat and cattle prod, I have been able to get the following comments.

Steve.
"Well I am around 90% sure that I can make it but I do have some horse and family commitments that may take precedence."
And Steve did mention that he felt that he was more a type of observer around the perimeter than a welcome guest at the last rally.

Well, that can sure change Steve, I will be the first to invite you to sit by my campfire for a yarn, just bring your own red, I’ve seen how you can demolish a bottle when truly relaxed.
And where else can you ride horses with so little restriction as to where you can go and what you can do?

Tracy.
“I can say this Bob, you have me around 99% sold on coming.”

So what do we need to do to get the other 1% Tracy?
Judy has taken a liking to Bundy on this trip so there will be a can or two of that around if that helps you to decide.

But all jokes aside, there are a lot of members that really want to see both of you there together with your families and I hope that they will show their support here.

See “Y’All” at the rally cowboy.

Bob

"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: F Troop - Thursday, Aug 04, 2005 at 04:53

Thursday, Aug 04, 2005 at 04:53
If Steve was a perimiter observer, then I'll bet Easys' still wondering where the headache came from!!!!!!
Graham
AnswerID: 566906

Follow Up By: TripnTaps - Thursday, Aug 04, 2005 at 08:42

Thursday, Aug 04, 2005 at 08:42
Yeah Graham .... I was thinking just the same thing. The only perimeter that I saw Steve on was the main campfire and a number of us kept even more Boggers awake from the comfort of their BT's with our loud hullabaloo from "down the paddock" till well after 2am a couple of mornings!! (and who was the ring leader SG no less)

One thing I do know is not so much about the Bundy but the Cowboy doesn't much like Port (or it doesn't like him...just an observation as I do know how little he did drink!!)

And Easy.... well he wasn't alone with the headaches.
(I'll say no more or I'll be telling!!!)

Shhhhhh.......
Helen
FollowupID: 844836

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Thursday, Aug 04, 2005 at 17:59

Thursday, Aug 04, 2005 at 17:59
Oh, don't you worry,

There were a few Champions there that Waaaaaay out did me.... We won't mention any names, would not want anyone like Francis Kerrigan to get in trouble with his Missus!!

I quit drinking at about 1, and stayed up an extra few hours trying to take care of them!! Was that ever a waste of time..... They kept sneaking out from the fire to get another bottle each time supply got low! I won't take all the blame for the late night on that one, Ha! I only finally threw in the towel and gave up at 4 AM when they started talking about "it was so close to breakfast, might as well stay up for it", and I knew all hope was lost... Now, Tracy, he is a real Champion in that regard.. No one will best him, so he might be able to restore our reputation around the latest night fire... I would bet on him.

Kind Regards from da Ranger
"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 844837

Reply By: F Troop - Friday, Aug 05, 2005 at 02:46

Friday, Aug 05, 2005 at 02:46
Well, if Steve is 90% sure and Tracy is 99% sure, then count us in. It would be nice though Steve, if you could have your camp up closer to the main camp. I felt last year that maybe the camps down in the corall and up in the heights may have felt a bit left out. Perhaps I was right. Human nature being what it is and the BT rally being what it is, we can often find that by the end of the rally, we still haven't found the time to visit those camps that are that little bit further afield. I also feel that the second time round at a rally is always easier as you know what to expect. When we were about 30km away from the first rally at Cania, I got Graham to stop the car and I laid down a few rules. The main rule was that I did not want to camp right in the thick of things in case I wasn't at ease and wanted to leave. I figured that if I wanted some time out, that being on the outside of the camp was going to make it easier to escape. I had this dreadful mental picture of having to stick to a timetable of events and participate in "games". Little did I know that Bocce could be such a riot with "Mick's Rules"of anything goes, including Bocce through the amenities block. And the image of one particulary well groomed BT lady (who shall remain nameless), with her sparkling white joggers, having to put her foot in the fire pit to start off the next round of Bocce whilst complaining bitterly to her other half (who told her in no uncertain terms to play by the rules or get out of the game), will remain with me for a long time to come. I did not need to worry about escaping either as that week ramains as one of the best weeks I have ever had. It was a riot.
Anyway, I digress. Perhaps with your horses, you may be limited as to where you are allowed access. I was thinking of perhaps the unpowered area where Angie and Ivan and the Kerrigans were. But even if you go back to last years corall site, I am sure you will find the rally a different experience this time round.
And to anyone else who may be a tad hesitant at being seen going to a "rally", don't be. It truely is a great time and a busy time. In fact it's so busy just chatting and checking out other vans etc. that I don't get to see Graham on some days. He just disappears and our paths don't cross all day. Isn't that wonderful opps...sad.
Jan and The Diesel Cat
AnswerID: 566907

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Friday, Aug 05, 2005 at 22:13

Friday, Aug 05, 2005 at 22:13
Thank you for the Kind Words Jan,

I love my horses, even hate to wash my hands when the smell of them is on my hands from rubbing and patting them.... My boys are all very kind and smart animals...

But it was out of consideration to others that I camped a bit further afield that might not share our love of horses... I will probably do the same if we come, on the thickest grass out there, for "nibblies"...

Best Regards, stg
"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 844838

Our Sponsors