New BT on order

Submitted: Friday, Aug 05, 2005 at 08:28
ThreadID: 122153 Views:3692 Replies:3 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
Hi, Judy and would like to thank all that allowed us to view their BT's, which helped us in choosing our layout for our 20 footer due for delivery March 06. Our trip over from WA to the factory was well worth the journey, and we were looked after by Peter, Paul, Steve B and finally, Tracy. All were helpful in guiding us to achieve a layout we would feel at home in. A few hours each day for four days seemed a long time to take, but we were able to look at every cupboard and position every appliance and see how it would all work when put together. Coming down in size from our 25 foot Jayco was a big thing for us and we had to make some compromises along the way. However, knowing we are getting a top of the range off road caravan, and seeing how they are made gave us the confidence in the product and the energy to push through the selection process.
Kind Regards
Ian.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: AlanDi - Friday, Aug 05, 2005 at 08:48

Friday, Aug 05, 2005 at 08:48
Good choice Ian and welcome to the club.
My factory visit certainly convinced me.
March will be here before you know it!
What are your plans once you've hitched up?
Alan
AnswerID: 566916

Follow Up By: Dunrootin Lodge - Saturday, Aug 06, 2005 at 05:17

Saturday, Aug 06, 2005 at 05:17
Hi Alan & Diane, Thanks for the reply. We are busy re-decorating our home, all the inside needs paint and all the floor coverings need replacing. Then we start on the outside. We will put the house on the market early next year and then our home will be a BT. At least for the next 4 years when I make 65. Then we will relook at our finances and a pension. We may buy a small place before we set off on the road, not too sure yet. Getting back into the market is a thing to consider. May have to move out into the sticks to afford a place. Who knows? I do know we can't wait to get back on the road again, wev'e had over two years of travel, coming home in April and since then it's been all work around the house. The sooner we sell the better. As for where we will go first, If we sell about the same time as picking up the BT, It will be winter so we will probably head up the North West coast. We also have to consider that there could be some grandchildren on the way by then so not too far away would be apropriate. We'll see.
Regards Ian & Judy.

FollowupID: 844840

Reply By: MattandLana - Sunday, Aug 07, 2005 at 21:03

Sunday, Aug 07, 2005 at 21:03
Ian and Judy,

Congratulations on taking the plunge!

We did it the easy way - just about to sign an order when we found Anthony's second-hand one. Hence our screen name.

Good luck with the anticipation and welcome to the growing band of sandgroper BOGgers.

Matt and Lana
AnswerID: 566917

Follow Up By: Panna Trackers - Sunday, Aug 07, 2005 at 22:46

Sunday, Aug 07, 2005 at 22:46
Now there is an idea. A rally in the west for all us Western Boggers
Trevor
FollowupID: 844841

Follow Up By: Noosa Fox - Monday, Aug 08, 2005 at 03:20

Monday, Aug 08, 2005 at 03:20
At any one time there would probably be quite a few Bushtrackers from all over Australia in WA so a get together should attract a reasonable number of vans.

Just needs someone to organise the time and place.
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 844842

Follow Up By: Panna Trackers - Monday, Aug 08, 2005 at 03:36

Monday, Aug 08, 2005 at 03:36
You are right Brian. When we get home from the collecting our BT next month I will give it some thought.
Sometime next spring when the wild flowers are out would be a good.
Anybody else got some thoughts on this.
Trevor
FollowupID: 844843

Reply By: Rockgoc - Monday, Aug 08, 2005 at 04:16

Monday, Aug 08, 2005 at 04:16
Hey Trev......haven't got a clue where the good spots are....that's for you guys to tell us, however, we will still be here in the west, possibly up at Karratha after April, so we want to be counted in for any BT mini rallys!!!
By the way.....HOW many sleeps now????
Cheers from Jan O & Easy
AnswerID: 566918

Follow Up By: Panna Trackers - Monday, Aug 08, 2005 at 04:31

Monday, Aug 08, 2005 at 04:31
Hi Jan
20 Days until the Holiday starts and 31 to Pick up on the 7th. The truck is packed and we are champing at the bit. Gets more real every day.
Hope you guys are staying warm.
Trevor & Lyndal
FollowupID: 844844

Our Sponsors