NEW BUSHTRACKER

Submitted: Monday, Aug 15, 2005 at 21:16
ThreadID: 122175 Views:8378 Replies:8 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
Hi first time user. We went on a factor tour last weekend and are all but sold on a new 20ft BT. At the next gathering at Copeton are non owners able to turn up and maybe get some ideas on the layout etc,
Regards Brian
Regards,
Brian & Linda

"Such is Life"

My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bushtracker - Monday, Aug 15, 2005 at 22:40

Monday, Aug 15, 2005 at 22:40
Hello "Bocky"
Steven Gibbs here, Director, Bushtracker....
Someone has also just "Ordered" and ask the very same question on the "Owners Forum".... I would first of all suggest that you invest the few dollars and join the Group so you have access to the "Owners Forum" now that you qualify... But here is a copy of the whole thread that I am taking the liberty to copy to your here for your benefit, as it is coming up fast and you may want to make plans... Here you go:
*********************************************************************************
Hi,
we are new members that have ordered our BT for building in Mid Feb.
Would it be appropriate/acceptable for us to visit your meeting at Copeton for one day to get some ideas on fit-outs etc before our plans are finalised??
If so,
(1) whom should we contact
(2) which day would be best (Sunday looks good....wine tasting???)

We would just stay just the one day and probably the night before or after at an Inverell motel.
Regards,
Franki & David

Reply 1 of 4 posted 13 Aug 2005 at 10:43 - (AnswerID: 7310)
Noosa Bushtrackers replied to the question

Hello Franki & David.

The Copeton Rally is open to all BOG members and that includes people who have a BT caravan on order.

You are very welcome to come to the rally and participate and stay there the same as any other BOG member. If you have another type of caravan or camping equipment why not come and stay for the week and really get to inspect all the different things that the caravans have in them. I believe that there are some cabins available in the other main camping area at Copeton Waters that is about a kilometre away from where the BOG rally will be held.

I would suggest that you contact the Park to see what options are available and let them know that you are part of the BOG group and you will receive a discount.

Brian
BOG Secretary
Brian & Margaret
Doing it tuff, Towing a Bushtracker.

Reply 2 of 4 posted 13 Aug 2005 at 10:48 - (AnswerID: 7313)
Turist replied to the question

Franki & David.
We had several new members do just that at the last rally.
Come along and feel welcome.
Last year some booked a cabin at the main Copeton rec area, about 2k from our camp.
See you there.
Bob
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

Reply 3 of 4 posted 13 Aug 2005 at 11:00 - (AnswerID: 7314)
Tellem Bugrem replied to the question

G'day Franki & David,

Copeton State Park has ensuite cabins, on-site vans, grassed powered sites and unpowered sites. You can get groceries, fuel, gas, bait and lures at the Cafe where light meals are also availasble. There's tennis courts and a nine hole golf course and you can hire racquets, clubs, fishing boats and bicycles. The phone number at the park is (02) 6723 6269, fax is 6273 6207 and email is copeton@northnet.com.au

See you there !........................Rob and Liz
Leaving on next trip soon

Reply 4 of 4 posted 14 Aug 2005 at 16:01 - (AnswerID: 7319)
gilk replied to the question

Thanks for those three replies.
We will try to get down Sunday morning, and maybe stay Sun night.
Apart from the park people, who from BOG should we contact on arrival?
Looking forward to meeting the group,
Franki & David

FollowUp 1 of 1 posted 14 Aug 2005 at 16:59 - (FollowupID: 1024)
Noosa Bushtrackers posted this followup

Just introduce yourself to the first Bushtracker Van that you find Occupied and they should be able to point you in the direction of one of the committee members.

Brian
Brian & Margaret
Doing it tuff, Towing a Bushtracker.

Kind Regards, from the "Lone Ranger" at Bushtracker.... tryin ta look after ya!!

"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 566974

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Monday, Aug 15, 2005 at 22:54

Monday, Aug 15, 2005 at 22:54
FELLOW BOG MEMBERS...... ON SECOND THOUGHT... I probably would not be copying ANY other peoples private Emails from the Owners Forum to this Public Forum, without their consent... They could be understandably upset at the violation of their Privacy!!!!!

However, this copy was only a "Welcome" and "How to go about it" and so I would be forgiven.... BUT ON ALL OTHER MATTERS, THIS SHOULD BE A NO-NO WITHOUT CONSENT... I took the liberty, as this was sort of "Public Information" and a Welcoming Committee... And so it was just the quick way to do it, as there really was no personal information on board....

Be careful out there !! From the "Lone Ranger" at Bushtracker....

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 844869

Reply By: Kiwi1 - Tuesday, Aug 16, 2005 at 02:13

Tuesday, Aug 16, 2005 at 02:13
Lash that man to the mast and bring out the cat-o-nine-tails! LOL. And not just for revealing secrets from behind the door - STG is offering membership of the secret society to some who are "all but sold". As I understand it, they must hand their money to STG before they can be welcomed to the owners group. Correct?

Michael
AnswerID: 566975

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Tuesday, Aug 16, 2005 at 02:27

Tuesday, Aug 16, 2005 at 02:27
Michael,
You are right, I miss- read his email, I thought he was signed up....

CORRECTION////// MY MISTAKE, MISREAD THE POST... oh well, anyone can make an innocent boo-boo.... As long as they correct it...

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 844870

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Tuesday, Aug 16, 2005 at 02:36

Tuesday, Aug 16, 2005 at 02:36
Thank you Kiwi 1 for that correction.... Glad you can't see my red face!

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 844871

Reply By: Bushtracker - Tuesday, Aug 16, 2005 at 02:32

Tuesday, Aug 16, 2005 at 02:32
BOCKY,
Sorry, I mis-read the Posting and confused you with someone else that went into Contract last week!!!! This Owners Forum, and the BOG Rally is only open to those that are already signed up.... I am afraid you will have to wait until you are ready...... MY APOLOGIES.... This is only open to Bushtracker Owners....

I mixed you up with someone that signed up last week..... I confused you with someone else and misread the Post...
Sooooooo, Sorry, but you cannot come to Copeton, this is a Private Affair for Bushtracker Owners or those in the Schedule for Delivery.... It is not a Show open to the public for anyone to just come to... Sorry...

MY BLUE.... SORRY!!!

da Ranger can admit when he makes a boo-boo!!!

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 566976

Reply By: Kiwi1 - Tuesday, Aug 16, 2005 at 04:04

Tuesday, Aug 16, 2005 at 04:04
Not good enough, Lone Ranger. You must chew up the entire thread, including its secret bits, and swallow it. Not a trace may remain lest we, the great unwashed (and unwelcome), use it for our evil un-owner-like purposes. LOL.

Must be time for my medication....
AnswerID: 566977

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Tuesday, Aug 16, 2005 at 17:52

Tuesday, Aug 16, 2005 at 17:52
Lighten up Kiwi1, you are scaring poor "Bocky", he does not know we are not above giving a good friendly hiding- tongue in cheek, yet... LOL

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 844872

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Tuesday, Aug 16, 2005 at 05:36

Tuesday, Aug 16, 2005 at 05:36
A direct message has been forwarded to BOCKY giving him a full explanation of BOG rally restrictions.

Brian Fox
BOG Secretary
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 566978

Reply By: Bocky - Tuesday, Aug 16, 2005 at 06:12

Tuesday, Aug 16, 2005 at 06:12
Thanks very much Steve for your help ! Sorry if we caused you any headaches. As I mentioned this is my first time to use this forum and due to the amount of hassel it caused it will probably be my last. I don't know if anybody is joking or not (I hope so). Steve now that I know your involved I will contact your office in the future.
To anybody I upset - I WAS ONLY AFTER SOME HELP !

Regards,

Brian
Regards,
Brian & Linda

"Such is Life"

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 566979

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Tuesday, Aug 16, 2005 at 17:50

Tuesday, Aug 16, 2005 at 17:50
Relax Brian, "Bocky"

This is a light hearted MOB from the BOG, not above giving a good niggle when the opportunity arrises.... Notice Kiwi1 saying LOL in his Postings... Tongue in Cheek, Laugh out Loud, type of a thing.... You have not caused a problem, only me, confusing you with someone else and getting a red face.... So relax, "Post On!"

We do however have strict rules about the Rally, as the Rally is so good we had all sorts wanting to show up in large numbers, and the Boggers just want to preserve their Privacy a little.... They do not mind showing off their vans if someone is already in the Queue, and signed up to be a member of the "Family", but there has to be a line drawn somewhere or it would get right out of hand with tyre kickers and wish they weres... You are not in that category, but I am afraid you are also not signed up yet, so please respect their rules... Our Rally is so good, we had Jaycos and Kedrons and all sorts wanting to show up, and they drew up rules to preserve the integrity of the Rally for just the Bushtracker Family....

As to you Posting, Post On! This is a great wealth of information here, and when you do sign on board, the Owners Forum is even more! But, they are not above giving a little "Ribbing" now and then, and that is the spirit of Kiwi 1, just a little friendly dig in the ribs to me for the Blue... OK? No worries, you will get your chance to have a dig too... Ha!

Kind Regards, from the "Red Faced Lone Ranger" looking like "Tonto" a bit right now... Cheers...

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 844873

Reply By: Tellem Bugrem - Tuesday, Aug 16, 2005 at 18:28

Tuesday, Aug 16, 2005 at 18:28
Bocky Brian,

If you are walking across from the other campground at Copeton, ours will probably be the first van you come to. You're welcome to have a look through and sit around the campfire to discuss anything BT.

Cheers..............Rob and Liz.
AnswerID: 566980

Reply By: Kiwi1 - Tuesday, Aug 16, 2005 at 21:39

Tuesday, Aug 16, 2005 at 21:39
Hi Bocky,

Sorry that our banter caused distress. It certainly wasn't the intention. Just having a light-hearted and very tongue-in-cheek dig at the Lone Ranger.

To put my comments into context, flip through thread No.1699. In it I reflected on the very issue that you face - that the good stuff that first got me (and others) interested in BT is now locked away behind the Members door. It also means that the valuable contributions of some of the industry's technical gurus are also locked out. I recall that a bloke called Collyn Rivers contributed some extremely helpful engineering and solar stuff to some of the debates but, like you and me, having not handed over money to BT, his expertise is also excluded. I suspect that his contributions to the old public forum led to a change in BT's policy on weight-distributing hitches, to the benefit of everybody.

Keep posting. This side of the forum fence needs all the help it can get.

Michael

AnswerID: 566981

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Wednesday, Aug 17, 2005 at 02:45

Wednesday, Aug 17, 2005 at 02:45
Michael, Kiwi1
Going on the other side, I can assure you that side is really a lot of personal stuff amongst Bushtracker Owners, and other bits that only really relate to owning a Bushtracker.... You are not missing out on anything much, until such time as you are a Bushtracker Owner, then you will want the current bits and pieces and tricks.... But for now, don't feel like you are missing much until you actually own one... OK?

As to the Rivers issue, from parts mailed to me there were as many good bits as pieces that we would vigorously debate.... And no, he was not instrumental in anything to do with our Weight Distribution Hitch policy.... That evolution was more to do with the suspension changes in the major tow vehicles (80 Series to 100 Series) Toyotas, and the changes to the style of the WDH, and the general shift towards 20' in average size instead of 18', that helped to evolve our recommendations.

The truth is that if I see some important technical bit, that would be of benefit on the Public Forum, I will address it... What are you missing on the Private Forum right now? Webasto heater comments about how nice it is in the latest cold snap, directions on changing out a window winder box on an older van, comments about this thread and maybe a review of the Policy on the next AGM, fishing questions about Copeton, that sort of Private inside issues only relative to Current Bushtracker Owners... The Members Only section is just a Personal area where friends can make small talk and joke around and comment about their secret locations and such "shop talk" amongst themselves... You are not missing anything if you are not a Bushtracker Owner yet... When you are, that is a different story.. But for now, no worries.

What are you missing? My Tip # 59 .... these new AGM Hybrid x German A-200 Gel Batteries have proven near bullet proof…. In the past there has always been some unfortunate person unintentionally abusing their batteries to an early death… No offence, but some people just do not understand how to run battery systems, and some just keep on adding on electrical gear and toys until they overload their system. Others just unintentionally abuse the system by running gear to long, to much microwave use, plugging in of extra fridges in locked up hot cars while they go on tour somewhere, I have even heard recently of an electric frypan, that sort of thing…!!.

Well the WILD NEWS, is that in going on 10 months now, no one has been able to kill our new batteries! In ten years we have never seen anything like this in service from any batteries we have tried… Mind you all the batteries we have tried, if treated properly, can give many years of service, but I would suggest that we have never had such a long run without ANY failures by unintentional abuse or hard travel….

BATTERIES TO COPETON: If any of you that have old batteries and are due to renew, we are offering a discount to Bushtracker Owners, to these 100 AH batteries, $50 off at $200. This may represent the best value for money in batteries anywhere. Now the problem is Shipping, at $44 to $49 EACH.. But we can save you that at the Rally.. I see no reason the we could not bring down some batteries to Copeton for you if you Order…. First in first served, we can obviously only bring a limited amount if it is just Tracy coming…. The new 100AH batteries are 330mm long, 175 mm wide, 230mm high. Check your boxes to see if they fit... For a long time all we had available in the AGM batteries were 100 AH in about the same size, so there is a good chance they will drop right in...

Let us know if you would like some Delivered. This is not about sales, but service, and possibly the best value, delivered for free to our existing Customers…

******* Anyway Michael, see this is the sort of thing and Personal Friendship stuff, that is going on "behind closed doors" and it does really not relate if you are not a Bushtracker Owner yet... OK? If you are not an Owner yet, you are not really missing anything... When you are, you can get caught up.. OK?

Kind Regards, Bushtracker

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 844874

Our Sponsors