21 foot Bushtracker for sale

Submitted: Thursday, Aug 18, 2005 at 03:14
ThreadID: 122185 Views:4049 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
The van is due for delivery 24 Aug 05. The layout is open plan with an Island Queen Bed forward, a 7' C shaped leather lounge/dinnette, and enlarged ensuite. About every option than can be fitted has been fitted. If anyone is interested please contact the owner on 07 32886326 or 0414776880
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bushtracker - Thursday, Aug 18, 2005 at 20:22

Thursday, Aug 18, 2005 at 20:22
Darren,
Steven Gibbs and Paul Gardener here, and we would like to slow you down just a moment for your own good..... What you are doing here is OK, But.......

Look, we do not mind at all in building you a whole new van, that is not the problem... And yes, Sound in Motion made a boo-boo, and put the wrong TV mounting bracket on, and there are some small screw holes left in the mounting of the new one... We can not replace that fixed bulkhead as it is structurally incorporated in the frame.. We suggest that the two options of a Tassie Oak small mounting pad, or what SIM proposed in the new slightly larger backing plate powder coated to match, are two acceptable answers to this very minor problem!!!

Now I know you are a "Perfectionist", and that is OK, we are to !!! However, building a whole new van just for this, is a new level of "Overkill.".. !! I would suggest that this is a beautiful van, wait until you see the new TV mount with only a slightly larger base plate attachment point that is powder coated to match and will actually be even stronger, and we are thinking of doing it with all of them as it offers greater support!! I know you are a Perfectionist, but I really do not think this calls for this radical of a reaction... And mind you, we do not mind building you another van, but how are you going to feel when you get a little scratch or ding in Outback travel? Wait until it is finished, and see if you don't argree... It would not be a bad idea, if we put the supporting base on all of them...

Just a thought you might like to consider... You will get some scratches and dings in Outback Travel, and these little thing have to be taken on board a bit... Not sure it is worth building a whole new van over!!!

But, if you insist, someone else would get a top van, extremely well equipped, and not have to wait for it !!! It is your Decision to make, and it would be someone else's great fortunate circumstance to get such a well equipped van so quickly...
But I think you should slow down and reconsider... OK?

Kind Regards, Steve and Paul
"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 567009

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Thursday, Aug 18, 2005 at 20:25

Thursday, Aug 18, 2005 at 20:25
Mind you Darren,
I can't even really be mad at SIM, because I believe you supplied the TV support arm... How could they have known it would not work??

I really think this is a misfortunate circumstance, a bit of bad luck, but the larger base being stronger is not a disadvantage... Please reconsider, OK?
Bushtracker....

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 844896

Follow Up By:- Friday, Aug 19, 2005 at 04:41

Friday, Aug 19, 2005 at 04:41
Hi Folks,
I would like to enlighten all to the unfortunate situation we have been placed in with Darren's van. Darren supplied us with a Tv arm to install When installed, we found it simply did not have adequate flexibility to work properly in this environment.
After consultation with Darren, the decision was made to use our normal swingarm that we knew operates perfectly. Unfortunatly the mounting spacings and the geometry of the arm required us to cover the small holes and realign the base. We felt a small matt black powder coated plate, the same colour and texture of the arm would be cover the holes and allow for the slight realignment. This has now given us the idea of using these plates on all swingarms in the future as it provides a stronger mounting base.
The mistake we made was we did not make clear to Darren the discrepencies between the two mounting systems and the subsequent need for the cover plate. We appologise for this.
Sound in Motion spend a lot of time researching and testing products for use in this market. We use and recommend a range of products that have been proven to work. We have Daniel and Andrew, the most dedicated technicians who are absolutely passionate about their involvment with Bushtracker and the needs of their customers. So as you can see we take this situation very seriously.
Darren has put a lot of effort in making this van something very special and we are partners with him to have this experience maximized.
Regards,
Brian Bugenhagen. Sound in Motion.
FollowupID: 844897

Reply By: Bushtracker - Thursday, Aug 18, 2005 at 21:59

Thursday, Aug 18, 2005 at 21:59
Darren,
We have just gotten an enquiry from a serious Party, that wants digital pictures sent... There are only six second hand Bushtrackers in the Caravan Trader Magazine this month.... The rush is on a bit here.... You may want to consider my points raised earlier in this thread, before things get out of hand and History is changed... OK? Just trying to look after you... You may want to reconsider before.....
Kind Regards, from a Friend, the "Lone Ranger".....

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 567010

Reply By: Bushtracker - Friday, Aug 19, 2005 at 19:26

Friday, Aug 19, 2005 at 19:26
HELLO BOGGERS,
The final instructions we have gotten on this van is that it is definitely for sale. He wants to sell it and have us build him another.... It is not even to be Registered, just put in Storage... There is nothing wrong with it, in fact it is loaded with the upper end extreme of gear, leather upholstery, and a huge list of Optional Equipment, everything we offered and then some...... If you do not like the larger TV base, we can put on a sculptured tassie oak mounting base to match the style of the cabinetry... But if you did not read this Thread, you would not even know... Or notice...

This is a top of the line AAA Bushtracker with everything!!! And no wait... The Owner is just a "Perfectionist" and does not want to think of the "Blue" for ever and wants us to build him a new van... Fair enough, we will make no further comment, how he wants to live and spend his money is up to him; he has earned it and deserves the respect to be allowed how to run his life on his own. We will honour that !!!

In the final analysis, I would say this is an OUTSTANDING OPPORTUNITY for someone that wants the BEST, and EVERTHING in one package... As good as it gets!!! This person is a Perfectionist and spared no expense in doing it all as best as he could imagine, with everything... I would highly recommend it...

Kind Regards... from the last Ranger...

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 567011

Our Sponsors