Newbie Logging in with Pre-Loved BT

Submitted: Sunday, Aug 28, 2005 at 22:58
ThreadID: 122206 Views:4119 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Our interest in a Bushtracker started in 2003 (pre-retirement planning) with a visit and tour of BTI's factory. (new at the time) We were convinced it was the best in the market.

Since logging on to the site Mid. 04 the BTI's tips from Steve Gibbs have been invaluable, and continue to be, along with other articles on the public and owners forum now that we are members.

As time progressed and retirement was upon us it was going to take 6 - 10 mths to be on the road, thus a Pre-Loved BT was an option. I can attest to this site and the forums value in marketing your Pre-Loved BT. As the seller was also selling the vehicle this was a perfect fit for us.

Since picking up our BT in Sydney, we have towed the BT, 6,500ks without a problem. Having never towed anything bigger the a 4' x 6' trailer, it was a bit daunting at first but the BT towed just like a 4 x 6 trailer, some what heavier mind you.

Our first stop after picking up the BT was Braidwood in NSW at Vic Wickmans 4 x 4 wheel driving training camp. This was invaluable and a great confidence builder, both for myself and my wife, highly recommended.

As with any thing pre-loved, there are a few modifications required to our BT, not requiring the bunk bed, we can put the space to better use. We visited BTI's factory in July, a day after the Brisbane Caravan & Camping show, thus it was some what hectic around BTI's factory, but the after sales service was fantastic from both Steve & Tracey.

We are looking foreward to visiting with Boggers at Copeton next month, and putting faces to names.

Cheers

Graham & Sue Cowley
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Motherhen & Rooster - Monday, Aug 29, 2005 at 00:42

Monday, Aug 29, 2005 at 00:42
Welcome to the world of pre-loved BTs. We too purchased pre-loved, and after taking a month holiday in January, have spent a little time since then getting things just as we want it. Coming in with little knowledge of the product, we too have found the tips, hints and feedback from Steve and other members, such as Noosabushtrackers and Tellem Bugrem and others, invaluable. Steve has also promised to send us things we are missing in owners manual, and will look over the van for us if we get over to Qld (it has been on the road with it's various owners since 1998). Absolutely marvellous service. We won't be able to get to Copeton, but we call out on the 2way every time we see a BT on the road. Have met a couple of great BT owners by chance. One couple had a similar 18' model to ours - they had it built in 1998 and have been on the road ever since; we pulled into a roadside parking bay near Balladonia, and there was a BT like ours with the owners having lunch. Hope to meet you on the road some day. Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Follow our travelogues, bush camping and other travel hints at www.australiasomuchtosee.com

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 567051

Reply By: Bushtracker - Monday, Aug 29, 2005 at 12:20

Monday, Aug 29, 2005 at 12:20
Thank you for the kind words....
It makes us feel good to get such great feedback.... We really do try to do the right thing for people, and that is the major measure of our success...

It is 2 in the morning, big weekend away with the horses, better get some sleep...

Let us know how we can help more...

Happy Trails, and Kind Regards, from the Lone Ranger
AnswerID: 567052

Reply By: Grumblebum & Dragon - Tuesday, Aug 30, 2005 at 00:20

Tuesday, Aug 30, 2005 at 00:20
Graham and Sue - welcome to the bogging lifestyle, you made a good choice. Our previous experience of the caravanning was swaying around Swaziland in a hire van about 1969.

See you on the road sometime

John and Jean
AnswerID: 567053

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Tuesday, Aug 30, 2005 at 04:01

Tuesday, Aug 30, 2005 at 04:01
Graham & Sue,
Your picture looks very much like the car and van the Mark and Ester Lapworth had up for sale, is that where you purchased it from?

If so, how is the coffee maker going?

Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 567054

Follow Up By: Bushabout - Tuesday, Aug 30, 2005 at 15:32

Tuesday, Aug 30, 2005 at 15:32
Hi Brian & Margaret,

Yep, you know your Bushtrackers and tow vehicles. As stated this package was pre-loved and a lot of planning went into the details.

Mark, Esther and the Boy's were sad to part with the BT & LC, but circumstances change for us all at time's.

The "COFFEE MACHINE" is a bonus to our 5 star camping.

Cheers

Graham & Sue
FollowupID: 844918

Our Sponsors