New Nissan coming???

Submitted: Thursday, Sep 22, 2005 at 01:40
ThreadID: 122244 Views:6900 Replies:4 FollowUps:7
This Thread has been Archived
Kurt,
In your Member Message to me, you said the new Nissan Dualcab coming only had a tow rating of 2700 kg? I had heard it was coming with a 3000 kg, if this is the new one being released end of this year Nov-Dec? Same truck? Maybe my source is wrong, but I am unimpressed if it has a tow rating of only 2700kg. You mentioned a magazine review on it, but I accidently deleted the message before noting it down.

In your situation if it is only 2700 kg rated it is not in the running... Our Optional Equipment can weigh 300kg or more, and if you get one with a lot of that gear on board, a well equipped 18' can weigh 2300 kg... Full tanks of water, and a lot of gear on board and you could easily go over that 2700 kg you told me for the Nissan, if you were not very careful... If that is really the case, I would suggest that it will not do you...

My source said the new Nissan would have a 3 litre and a 3000 kg towing capacity...!! You mentioned a 2.5 litre? and a 2700 tow capacity? I have not seen an article on it as yet, but someone is mistaken... Or we are talking about another truck? You mentioned your doubts about towing with that small of an engine, and I would agree with that comment on a loaded up 18', so I would suggest maybe looking at other vehicles per the previous last thread, say the custom dual cab Landcruisers getting around.. Also bigger donks have been getting better fuel economy... Not around town running empty, but... The little donks get better there, but the bigger donk while towing is not working as hard and it goes up less in fuel consumption than the small donk whose fuel consumption doubles or more towing..… In diesels, the general rule has been the bigger the donk, the better fuel economy, and that has been the track record from reports, especially if you keep your foot out of it a bit..

Any one that knows about the new Nissan Dual cab coming out in a couple of months, please jump into BOG...
Regards from the Ranger....
"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bushtracker - Thursday, Sep 22, 2005 at 02:27

Thursday, Sep 22, 2005 at 02:27
Hello Kurt,
Da Ranger went Scouting and found it...!

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!dn_content.display_vehicle

It is the new Nissan Navara, ST-R Dual Cab 4 door 4x4 Turbo Diesel 314 NM Torque and 110 kw, and in fact it does have a 3 litre engine and a 3000kg tow capacity... Now I know nothing about it, but maybe it is worth a look... Website above...

Still would rather have a bigger vehicle and bigger donk, but in Dual Cab this is a possibility for you... How the Nissan Patrol ute only has 2500kg tow capacity and this new Nissan Navara is 3000kg is beyond me.... But since you needed a dual cab 4 door ute, this is in the running... Or go the second hand dual cab Landcruisers per the previous thread..

Kind Regards from the Ranger...

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 567154

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Thursday, Sep 22, 2005 at 02:58

Thursday, Sep 22, 2005 at 02:58
Someone emailed me a few pictures of it... Nice looking truck...
And he told me the ST-R was coming out with an automatic in November or December... If it was still 3000kg at $40 k I would have to think about one for a run about for myself... My Son is stealing my old Sahara later this year, and the Mack 4x4 horsetruck is a bit hard to park for just running around locally...

Just to bomb around town and up the weighbridge and out to the horses, you might have just cost me a packet Kurt.... If it was 3000kg with the auto as well... Anybody know???

If anyone more knows anything about this newest model please advise.
I am just talking about a civilization utility, not for the Outback, but an automatic and 3000 kg??? Sounds too good to be true..

Maybe I will just slink down low in the seat so nobody recognizes me in a Nissan... Ha!!

Kind Regards from da Ranger...

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 844963

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Thursday, Sep 22, 2005 at 03:06

Thursday, Sep 22, 2005 at 03:06
Matthew just called me on the phone,
Da Ranger has a Scout checking in!

And says: "A new model of the ST-R that looks like the new Pathfinder that just came out, will be released in November or December, with a higher output Diesel and a 6-SPEED MANUAL OR 5 SPEED TIPTRONIC AUTO.... " Wow! This will have a higher output Diesel and he thinks a 400 NM torque and 125kw of power... And 3000kg tow rating.

Da Ranger might be seen in a Nissan yet... just joking.... But sounds interesting.. I guess wait for the new model end of this year...

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 844964

Reply By: Motherhen & Rooster - Thursday, Sep 22, 2005 at 08:48

Thursday, Sep 22, 2005 at 08:48
A couple over here in the West who have ordered a BT towed previous caravans with a Navara and were pleased with it's towing capacity so i presume they plan to use it for towing the BT
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Follow our travelogues, bush camping and other travel hints at www.australiasomuchtosee.com

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 567155

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Thursday, Sep 22, 2005 at 17:38

Thursday, Sep 22, 2005 at 17:38
Hello Motherhen,
Hope you drew the batteries in the raffle...

Look, in all fairness I would not put the little ute anywhere up on high end of the list as a Bushtracker Tow Vehicle.... However, Kurt needs a four door ute, cab chassis to add on a 6'x 6' bed, and there are not many choices besides a custom built Landcruiser secondhand or the expensive Ford... And people like me need a little bomb around, that has the tax break of being a one tonne commercial for Novated Lease or for a Property vehicle tax break... In those specialized cases, this new Nissan coming end of the year may fit a unique bill... Of the need for a 1 tonne commercial dual cab... So that is why the interest... There is no question that an 18' Bushtracker is a bit on the big side behind it, but it could work, and for half the money of the F-Series for someone that is on a Budget a bit... The same goes for me for a little round town Commercial, it would be half the truck, but also half the money..... I can hardly justify a new Ford for myself for a round town out to the property vehicle.... Love it, but..... The new Nissan is more affordable...

Cheers, stg

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 844965

Reply By: TroopyTracker - Friday, Sep 23, 2005 at 23:49

Friday, Sep 23, 2005 at 23:49
Steve,
I understand that the old model 3lt Navara (patrol motor minus intercooler) has a 3 tonne rating. The new one coming has the 2.7tonne rating aswell as a smaller all be it newer 2.5 litre motor. At least this is what I read in mag recently.
Cheers
Matt
AnswerID: 567156

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Saturday, Sep 24, 2005 at 01:40

Saturday, Sep 24, 2005 at 01:40
Thanks for that Matt,
Matthew will be here on Tuesday, seemed to think it was more of an engine and the 3T tow rating, will post the follow up on his research... He was well into them, debating on whether to wait for this new release or not... Will find out then if it is another truck or in fact is the 2.7 T... If so, it will not do...
Regards, stg

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 844966

Reply By: Deleted User - Tuesday, Sep 27, 2005 at 05:24

Tuesday, Sep 27, 2005 at 05:24
Thanks everyone for the attention.
I had a good talk with the nissan guys and although nothing printed from Nissan yet, it seems the new Navara Dual cab ute will have a towing cap of 2700kg. It is based on the current Parthfinder chassis/engine config, and it has a towing cap of 300kg. The engine is a 2488cc 4 cyl and this bothers me as does the weight.
We have definetly decided on the 18ft BT, so I guess this gets me back to the 78 series toyota or some modified 100 series.
It would be nice to have a nice new dual cab, auto with 6ft tray, but seems Ford is the only one out there with out modifications.

Thanks all for your help.

Regards,
AnswerID: 567157

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Tuesday, Sep 27, 2005 at 18:51

Tuesday, Sep 27, 2005 at 18:51
Hello Kurt,
I am interested in an auto, dual cab, diesel 4x4, for different reasons of a little local run-a-bout as my Son is taking my old Sahara... As above...
Matthew, has done a bit of Research, and is hoping that the 2.7 tonne tow rating in the Article you have been reporting, is the Review of the European Model, and that when Nissan releases it for the Australian Model, it will be the 3 tonne specifications... We will have to wait and see...

I can't even buy your obvious choice of a custom dual cab Toyota 75 or 78 or 80 or 100 series as you see now and then in the 4x4 Trader Magazine, as I want an automatic for the round town stuff.... But still the one tonne and dual cab... We may just have to wait for the November Release of the Australian one.... I hope....

Or, I will continue to "terrorize" the locals on the Round-a-bouts with my Dual Cab Mack Horsetruck... Ha!

Kind Regards, stg

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 844967

Follow Up By: TroopyTracker - Wednesday, Sep 28, 2005 at 02:24

Wednesday, Sep 28, 2005 at 02:24
Steve,
A chopped 80 or 100 could easily be an auto, mate is buying a new v8 100 series and chopping it down to duel cab and building his own 5th wheeler to go behind it. Should be a good looking rig,
Cheers
Matt
FollowupID: 844968

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Wednesday, Sep 28, 2005 at 03:05

Wednesday, Sep 28, 2005 at 03:05
Hello Matt, and Cheers,
But I dunno.......
By the time he get finished chopping the Tojo, he will be overcapitalized in it, and should have just gotten the F-Series...With probably double the fuel economy in the big diesel... A V-8 petrol Tojo is rough on fuel economy.. I dunno, don't think I would be recommending that to anyone, myself...

Same goes for the fifth wheel, it just will not go where a van will go... Wheels 66% to 80% back from the gooseneck, means the front of the 5th wheel goes aground and bottoms out, whenever the tow vehicle goes over a grate, or jump up, or on the flat out of a creekbed... The tow vehicle just pulls it to ground out.. It might look good, but I bet it stays on the road a lot more than he thinks, as it just cannot articulate like a van and tow vehicle can...... and Exxy to drive in petrol $$$$....

I am not sure the voice of experience would vote for either case. But hey, it is his money and his life, he will find out on his own..

Happy Trails to all....

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 844969

Our Sponsors