Back from the East

Submitted: Thursday, Sep 29, 2005 at 04:13
ThreadID: 122254 Views:3321 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
We have just arrived home from our pick up trip. I would like to write a detailed account of the trip but with my typing speed it will take a while. What is the best program to write in then cut and paste to the BOG.
Thanks for the help
Trevor
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Fosssil - Thursday, Sep 29, 2005 at 05:13

Thursday, Sep 29, 2005 at 05:13
Hi...I look forward to hearing of your trip...

If I you are doing a long post you can do it in Microsoft Word or any word processor, which has auto backup and a spell checker, and select copy and paste from there.

I generally just use Win XP's Note Pad and use a spell checker that allows checking of spelling within any type in area, and I just click save every so often....There is a free fairly good spell checker available from iespell.com just in case there is an error here or there...then just select from Note pad, copy and paste...

Even the email programs, Outlook or Outlook express or Mozilla Thunderbird are handy to copy and paste from, and they have their own spell checking as well.

I guess everyone has their favourite method, but I never hit send in the post area without having saved a copy to Note pad first...I have had too many send failures for who knows what reason in the past, when a post does not go through and gets lost in cyberspace....you will generally find that happens after 30 mins or more of typing...lol, though it's not funny at the time.

Have fun...I wish I was typing my pickup story...but that won't be for a while yet.

foss
AnswerID: 567179

Follow Up By: Panna Trackers - Thursday, Sep 29, 2005 at 07:53

Thursday, Sep 29, 2005 at 07:53
Thanks for the help Foss
I shall get to it
Trevor
FollowupID: 844979

Reply By: Mobi Condo - Thursday, Sep 29, 2005 at 22:26

Thursday, Sep 29, 2005 at 22:26
Howdy Panna Trackers,
Nice question, and PLEASE HURRY and get those little fingers in a tangle 'cos we would like to read it!
Of course we will have to do like wise later this year with our anticipated trip late October / early November!
Cheers Ian & Sally
AnswerID: 567180

Our Sponsors