Camec flooring

Submitted: Wednesday, Nov 16, 2005 at 00:40
ThreadID: 122329 Views:4212 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi

At Copeton several of the BTs sported the new camec lightweight flooring instead of the heavy green rubber flooring.

Any problems like too slippery with the Camec flooring. A caravan accessories outlet refused to sell the product saying it was too slippery and dangerous.

Thanks for any input,

Jay
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Boystoy - Wednesday, Nov 16, 2005 at 22:14

Wednesday, Nov 16, 2005 at 22:14
Hi Jay,

We bought one of these earlier this year.

However, the weather Gods have smiled on us and we have only had 4 or 5 days of wetness in 5 months of travelling. Can't comment on the sliperyness when wet, as this is an experience we have yet to have. Can tell you its great in dry camps, but we had problems at Lawn Hill in the dust. We finished up putting newspaper under it to stop the dust coming through.

I noticed yesterday that Caravan Accessories (Camec) in Kogarah (Sydney) have them on the shelf and available for sale

Neil
A Bushtracker (or BT) is a "Boys Toy"

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 567441

Follow Up By: Freewheelers - Wednesday, Nov 16, 2005 at 22:28

Wednesday, Nov 16, 2005 at 22:28
hi all we bought our annexe flooring from aussie traveller its antislip & good quality cheers
Stephen & Deborah

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 845162

Reply By: F Troop - Sunday, Nov 20, 2005 at 00:04

Sunday, Nov 20, 2005 at 00:04
Hi Jay,
We bought our floor from Camec a couple of years ago. Best thing since sliced bread. We dont use it at every camp, it just depends on the ground. If we have nice grass, it stays packed up. These floors are very expensive but well worth it. They are also one of the only floors that some van parks allow you to put down, as the grass does actually grow through it. They are not slippery either. One tip though, get one that is long enough to go from your door to the cargo door, not just to the end of the annexe. We find we are constantly going into the cargo door or we have the coking table set up near the cargo door, so it's nice to have the floor long enough to cover that area.
Jan
AnswerID: 567442

Our Sponsors