Kemo-Sabe

Submitted: Wednesday, Nov 23, 2005 at 19:10
ThreadID: 122340 Views:3672 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
The Lone Ranger and Tonto went camping in the desert. After their Bushtracker is all set up, they fell sound asleep.
One hour later, Tonto wakes the Lone Ranger and says, "Kemo-Sabe, look towards the sky, what do you see?"
The Lone Ranger replies, "I see millions of stars."
"What that tell you?" asked Tonto
The Lone Ranger ponders for a minute, then says, "Astronomically speaking, it tells me there are millions of galaxies and potentially millions of planets. Astrologically, it tells me that Saturn is in Leo.
Time wise, it appears to be approximately a quarter past three in the morning. Theologically, it is evident the Lord is all-powerful and we are small and insignificant.
Meteorologically, it seems we will have a beautiful day tomorrow. What does it tell you, Tonto?"
Tonto is silent for a moment, then says,
"Kemo-Sabe, you dumb ass. Someone stole the Bushtracker."

Good one Ranger............
Jan n Graham
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bushtracker - Wednesday, Nov 23, 2005 at 20:52

Wednesday, Nov 23, 2005 at 20:52
Good one, Love it !
And a deeper underlying meaning, as well... Ha! Possibly a metaphor inside...

Sometimes da Ranger give good science and advice, but miss da point dat sometimes people are going to do what dey wanna, regardless.... And dey can!

Da Ranger will scout for the best way through, but some want to take the long scenic route even if it means runnin out of water or getting caught in da big snow.... Ha! We give good advice, do the right thing, and in the end let them do what they want.

But at least the good advice is better than what others do, just telling them what they want to hear even if we know better... At least with us, they get an informed choice.

Wow, look at all the stars! Hey! Where is the van Tonto?

"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 567482

Our Sponsors