Tasmania

Submitted: Sunday, Dec 11, 2005 at 09:34
ThreadID: 122359 Views:3641 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Tasmania is looking very tempting, and as we hope to get away early next year, we will need to make a time plan and book the ferry soon. I would appreciate any feedback from people who have toured with their Bushtracker on where you can and can't go. Also you favourite spots to add to the list i am compiling. Good spots to bush camp, and where we could leave the BT safely to do day trips where we can't take it. We don't want to stretch the friendship with the Patrol engine and auto gearbox, so will be looking for the "path of least resistance".
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Follow our travelogues, bush camping and other travel hints at www.australiasomuchtosee.com

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Hoppingaround - Monday, Dec 12, 2005 at 20:53

Monday, Dec 12, 2005 at 20:53
Hi we are doing Tassi at the present towing with auto 4.8 Nissan.Beautiful.Best road of least resistance Launseston Hobart and across the top to Stanley.As for the rest, mostly hilly ,windy and narrow. some times you dont know until you are you are along the road how it will be.Staying mostly in parks so as to tour surrounding area..Two nice free camps ,Chain of Lagoons and Bay of Fires

Happiness is the journey,not the destination

Cliff and Kaye
AnswerID: 567537

Reply By: Tassie Bushies - Thursday, Dec 15, 2005 at 09:26

Thursday, Dec 15, 2005 at 09:26
Hi Motherhen,
You are most welcome to grace our loverly isle with your presence, & we would love to see you.
And yes Cliff is right with the path of least resistance (but that is just the highway which is booooring)
But I fear that you may not be able to stay long enough to really enjoy our hospitality, as I believe that you may still be using that horrid thing called employment & that you are in WA which is a long long way, + 3 weeks is a very rushed trip to Tassie. Please correct me if I am wrong, not trying to be nasty just helpful I hope?
There is a booklet called "the guide to Free camping in Tassie" cost me $14.95
+ I think there are some in Camps 3 if you have it.
If you still can come please contact me.
Regards Peter.

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 567538

Follow Up By: Motherhen & Rooster - Thursday, Dec 15, 2005 at 10:23

Thursday, Dec 15, 2005 at 10:23
Thanks Peter, i have sent you a member message. Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Follow our travelogues, bush camping and other travel hints at www.australiasomuchtosee.com

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 845211

Our Sponsors