Triple axle BushTracker

Submitted: Sunday, Dec 25, 2005 at 20:44
ThreadID: 122385 Views:4238 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Dear forum,

Since the 'search' option didn't reveal any relevant posting (nor did any previous Googling in general), I probably didn't use the right keyword (most importantly a model name), but after seeing the triple axle BushTracker on this and the BT-site itself (and finding not any info there either), I was wondering what the design of its suspension might look like.
I *could* imagine some kind of double/linked tandem, but even without knowing the exact design of the ordinary BT-tandem, that would become rather complex I guess.
But since BT is so proud of their tandem design, I also doubt they just added a solitary axle to a tandem, without any linkage.

Willem (no need to convince me on the bogie-tandem concept itself, I even bought a Volvo C306 6x6 firefighter for that very reason....;)) Jan
(just wondering if one could add a 4th, driven axle, to that configuration too....:))
(a PTO-driven trailer (driven by a second diff-side PTO) has already crossed my mind, but a linked 4th axle on the vehicle itself sounds more fun & challenging....:))

Greetings from Holland....:))

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bushtracker - Sunday, Dec 25, 2005 at 22:28

Sunday, Dec 25, 2005 at 22:28
Willem-Jan Markerink,

Hello and Merry Christmas. I would suggest that this is rare and unique engineering. The Tri-Axle Bushtracker is Independent 6x6 Load Sharing Air Bag system that can also do side to side leveling. If you want information on it and pictures, contact Bushtracker on their Website at www.bushtracker.com ...

I have a big "Volvo" 4x4 as well, Dual Cab 18 tonne running gear, marketed as a MACK here in Australia (Volvo bought Mack and Renault trucks trying to build a one World Class Truck in 4x4 and 6x6). The European Luxury is really great in a big truck... But anyway, the 6x6 Bushtracker suspension is only for large vans 25' and up. This would be too long to tow behind the Volvo 6x6 for overall length restrictions, and the suspension is of no use on your truck...

You cannot get information and pictures on this Bushtracker Owners Group Forum. If you would like more details contact us on the Bushtracker Website, just push the Equires button....

Good Luck, and come to the "Last Frontier" in Australia, that is why I am here...

Kind Regards from the Ranger....
"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 567652

Our Sponsors