A New Document

Submitted: Sunday, Jan 08, 2006 at 19:08
ThreadID: 122409 Views:3847 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
I have loaded a new document titled "Why We Chose A BT" submitted by Ian & Sally.(Mobi Condo)
Make a good read and it is available to non-financial members.
Just go to your "My Home" page and you will find it.
Downloads in MS Word format.

Regards
Bob
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Grumblebum & Dragon - Monday, Jan 09, 2006 at 01:49

Monday, Jan 09, 2006 at 01:49
Ian and Sally have got it right. I shudder to think that we might have been dumb enough to go down the road of a sealed-road van - or worse an 'off-road' van that would start getting 'loose' after a few thousand kays down some grotty tracks.

In a quarry off the Top Springs track I met a well known couple who write extensively on touring and bush cooking. He was towing a small model of a popular brand of van marketed as 'off-road' He was happy with the concept as the sleeping areas took up no internal space..... in fact everything expanded out or popped up. This allowed pleanty of spaced for journalism activitiy. He had done a long haul across some fairly rugged interior 'roads' and had more to go to reach Normanton. I knew he usually towed a pretty solid brand of off-road trailer, when questioned about how the little beast was handling it he replied, with a wry grin "You need to be 'expert-level' with a screw gun. No thanks.

Nowdays our only concern is how well the Toyota will stand the pace.

Expensive? What's price peace of mind when you are out beyond woop-woop.

We have friends with a very nice european styled road van. They like to get get out to the coast and put up with some gravel travel, albiet very slowly. When parked they have 60L of water in one tank plus a couple of jerries, no solar and two batterries. They run their genny three times a day and use mainly seawater or wash on the smell of a damp cloth. Having seen how well we lived they are now going to spend a considerable sum putting in more tanks and solar panels.

I continually pat myself on the back for going down the road of total independence and rock solid engineering.

John

AnswerID: 567736

Follow Up By: Turist - Monday, Jan 09, 2006 at 01:54

Monday, Jan 09, 2006 at 01:54
John if you would like to e-mail me your file of campsites I will load into a members only document file.
Regards
Bob
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 845308

Reply By: Mobi Condo - Tuesday, Jan 10, 2006 at 03:21

Tuesday, Jan 10, 2006 at 03:21
Hello everyone!
Just reading through what we had written about the process we went through before deciding to buy a bushtracker and we realised another important point we forgot. When we looked at so called "off road" vans we found out that they were really "on road" vans put on a so called "off road" chassis. There seemed tp be no strengthening of the van section at all. So for those out there looking, be aware of this!
Cheers Ian and Sally

AnswerID: 567737

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Tuesday, Jan 10, 2006 at 03:32

Tuesday, Jan 10, 2006 at 03:32
A tour of the respective Factories tells all,
To anyone that knows what they are looking at.....

That is why we advise people at the Shows not to buy until they tour the factory of what they are looking at. Most Companies seem to just copy the style, but do not have the bones of off-road. Beach tyres, a little alloy checkerplate, and an off-road sticker, does not make it a Bushtracker!

Most people getting this far would would have already been to our Website where we cover it pretty well... If they know what they are looking at, they already know there is no second place to a Bushtracker...

Regards from the Ranger
"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 845309

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Tuesday, Jan 10, 2006 at 03:35

Tuesday, Jan 10, 2006 at 03:35
I forgot to add: Mobi Condo, thank you for the positive comments and the time to write such a nice article.. It is a nice piece of work... Kind Regards.
"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 845310

Our Sponsors