Digital Video Editing. What do you use?

Submitted: Monday, Jan 16, 2006 at 06:03
ThreadID: 122418 Views:3882 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I have recently purchased a Digital Video and installed a firewire card into my PC so that I can transfer Video footage to computer and then to a DVD when we want to.

As I only have what comes with the windows program to edit it, I am interested to find out what software others are using to edit their Digital Videos, and how easy it is to use.

Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Fosssil - Monday, Jan 16, 2006 at 07:43

Monday, Jan 16, 2006 at 07:43
Hi Brian and Margaret

I use a really nice program called Video-Redo....
It allows the edit of most digital video...
For example, I record a lot of digital TV and can edit that frame perfect and put 240 mins to DVD...ie about 8.3 gig.
However, there are some other steps involved in the process requiring 2 other programs..ie as well as the edit program, there is an author program, and a compression / writing program
The end result that I get is quality as good as or better than a movie DVD, and a very professional looking end product.
All three programs should be available on the net as a trial...
PM me if you need details.

regards,

foss

AnswerID: 567760

Reply By: Summer Breeze - Monday, Jan 16, 2006 at 08:53

Monday, Jan 16, 2006 at 08:53
Brian,

We use Pinnacle Studio at home and with I also use it with my multimedia students at the high school. The latest version (9 I think) has improved features than previous versions. We like its ease of use and find that the students pick it up pretty quickly. Pinnacle also make a higher end product called Pinnacle Liquid Edition 6 that has received excellent reviews. Adobe Premiere is considered to be one of the best high end video editors with a price tag around $1100-$1200. While it has all the features you could ever want I always found it very difficult to learn and use. One of the teachers in my staffroom has been happily using the video editor that comes with Windows XP (Movie Maker). Of course the big advantage with Movie Maker is that it's free.

Digital video editing is alot of fun but it is fairly time intensive but most people find that the more editing they do the better their video shooting becomes which in turn makes their editing much more enjoyable.

I hope this is of some help. Best of luck and have fun!
Mike & Leanne

AnswerID: 567761

Follow Up By: Summer Breeze - Wednesday, Jan 18, 2006 at 04:03

Wednesday, Jan 18, 2006 at 04:03
Just received a flyer from Harris Technologies and the latest version of Pinnacle Studio is 10 plus. They also have a new product that looks like Studio 10 plus with DVD authoring included. There is probably more detailled info available on the net. eg www.ht.com.au or a search on google or yahoo under Pinnacle Studio should do the trick.

Regards, Mike
FollowupID: 845329

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Thursday, Jan 19, 2006 at 21:46

Thursday, Jan 19, 2006 at 21:46
Thanks for your help above.

I have been playing around with Microsoft Movie Maker and sorted out the editing easily, but when I came to saving it on a DVD it keeps telling me that it is not in the correct format to save to a DVD.

Any suggestions????

AnswerID: 567762

Follow Up By: Turist - Thursday, Jan 19, 2006 at 23:01

Thursday, Jan 19, 2006 at 23:01
Best suggestion you will ever get for video editing Brian.

GET A MAC!!

Regards
Bob
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

FollowupID: 845330

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Sunday, Jan 22, 2006 at 06:42

Sunday, Jan 22, 2006 at 06:42
Thanks for the advice Bob, but I went and bought a program called ULEAD, VideoStudio 9 and it is a very powerful and easy to use Video editing and movei making program.

Had lots of fun making a DVD up about the grandchildren's holiday.

Brian

AnswerID: 567763

Our Sponsors