Another Rally?????

Submitted: Monday, Jan 16, 2006 at 18:09
ThreadID: 122420 Views:6311 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I have had many requests to arrange a second BOG rally, a "Mini Rally" in a different venue.
This is to give an opportunity to those that can not attend the Copeton Rally to have a get together.

I have made preliminary enquiries at Mallacoota, on the North East Victorian coast.

Mallacoota is a seaside village on a very large lake/river complex that is supposed to be a very good fishing area.
There are National Parks around, 4WD driving tracks etc.

Rally camping would be in the Mallacoota van park, a very large area, maybe the biggest van park in Aust.
Most of the park is grassed with scattered tree cover.
There is a mini marina to leave tinnies in the water if you wish.
I believe that we will be able to reserve a quiet area "up the back" for our own use.

This is as far as I have gone so far but if there is sufficient interest I will contact the local business and tourist people and see what else can be arranged.

A suggested date would be early April but we would have to stay away from school holiday periods as the van park is busy at that time.

If you have suggestions about this or alternate venues/dates please let us know.

Regards
Bob
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Turist - Monday, Jan 16, 2006 at 19:18

Monday, Jan 16, 2006 at 19:18
I should have put these links in the above message.

http://www.gippslandinfo.com.au/Maps/Mallacoota/mallacoota-map.htm

http://www.walkabout.com.au/locations/VICMallacoota.shtml

Regards
Bob
"Do It While You Can"

AnswerID: 567768

Reply By: The Hob - Monday, Jan 16, 2006 at 21:00

Monday, Jan 16, 2006 at 21:00
When selecting dates be mindful that QLD Easter holidays actually fall in the week before Easter. Start 10 April.

This is the first time that the holidays are being held before Easter. Usually they follow Easter.

Cheers
AnswerID: 567769

Reply By: Turist - Monday, Jan 16, 2006 at 23:45

Monday, Jan 16, 2006 at 23:45
For "Owner Members" there is more detail on this in the owners forum.

If you have an interest in attending this rally please post a suggested suitable date in the owners section.

Regards
Bob
"Do It While You Can"

AnswerID: 567770

Our Sponsors