F-250 Parts and Supplies Outlets???

Submitted: Tuesday, Jan 31, 2006 at 00:51
ThreadID: 122447 Views:4080 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Well da Ranger gone and done it now.... After two years driving the Mack dual cab around, went and bought a little "farm ute" a 2003 F-250... Missed my old F-350 too much..

Still got the Mack, just a little tiring to drive around town, parking and such, so got a witto F-250 toy twuck.... Ha! Easy parking the little ute, (after the Mack, yes little).... My wife has the 100 Series and my Son just stole my restored old Sahara, and they frown on me pushing cars out of the way to park the Mack... No sense of humour..

No new Fords til 2008? And they are talking about cracking down on overloaded tow vehicles pulling big horsefloats and boats and such, so I think demand on the F-Series will continue to grow as people realize they are rated to 4500 kg now, but no more supply... I took the plunge.

So where do you get the toys, currently? Extending mirrors, things like that? Who is the best source currently for filters, aftermarket goodies, and such? We must have about 80 Bushtrackers or more towed by Fords now. So where is the place to shop?

On my last Ford, I got everything shipped in, via Credit Card from the U.S. What about current local supply?

Will run some tests, this one has Cooper STRs so will be able to give some current results for those enquiring about F-250 tyres late..

Regards from the Ranger...
"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Tuesday, Jan 31, 2006 at 02:41

Tuesday, Jan 31, 2006 at 02:41
I heard this morning that you were the new owner of an F250 and who the previous owner was. Nice Silver one I believe, with lots of goodies already on it.

We bought our Filters from F Truck WA when we were over there a couple of years ago, and still working through them.

Others I know deal with "Ford Queensland F Series Spares" at 350 Duffield Road, Clontarf, Qld 4019

07 3283 5000 0418 986 496 Fax 07 3283 5011

www.fordqldfseries.com.au

Have you taken delivery of it yet?
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 567857

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Tuesday, Jan 31, 2006 at 03:05

Tuesday, Jan 31, 2006 at 03:05
Hello Brian,
No, no, and no,
No not that one? no not silver, and no have not gotten it yet... Ha! But it is coming in a couple of weeks... Tell you about it when it is here... But yes, lots of toys and that is why I got it as it has all the fun things I would have liked for getting really out of the preverbial **** you get into when pushing the evelope out to the unexplored edge a bit... I am looking forward to getting it...

I heard about the F-Series in Brisbane.. For instance, what do you think filters cost, oil and fuel...? I like to stick about a half dozen fuel filters down in a wheel well in ziplock bags in case of a bad slug of diesel... That sort of thing. Just called F-Series, they said the Power Mirrors that slide out are $550 exchange installed.. Is that a good price?

My last F-350 filters were mailed to me in case lots from Stateside for about $15 dollars or so from memory.. Seems to me fuel was only $8 or the other way around. Not genuine, aftermarket, but to same specifications.. Almost no one runs genuine after Warranty expires, as the genuine have a heavy price tag.. Just like here, 100 Series filters at $50 while Fleetguard at $15, and state the same micron filtration level..

Anyways, can't wait to hear the engine rumble... "Sounds of Love"

Cheers, stg

"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 845378

Reply By: TRAVLN - Tuesday, Jan 31, 2006 at 08:20

Tuesday, Jan 31, 2006 at 08:20
Sounds to me like it may be a dark blue one from down south!!!!!
AnswerID: 567858

Our Sponsors