Vaporate

Submitted: Tuesday, Feb 07, 2006 at 00:45
ThreadID: 122461 Views:4214 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I have just obtained a Vaporate brochure from REPCO. Has anyone any experience/knowledge of these units and how they really perform in comparison to the claims made?
According to the brochure, Vaporate is a fuel warming system where by two half collars of a special metal are fitted around the injector and they claim it to warm and thus fully vaporise the fuel for a better, fuller combustion and thus result in better economy. Diesel has yet to be developed!
Cheers - Ian & Sally
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bushtracker - Tuesday, Feb 07, 2006 at 01:05

Tuesday, Feb 07, 2006 at 01:05
Hello Ian and Sally,
A guess from a tinkerer with toys like this since the 60's... And since the fuel crisis of the 1970's, I have seed dozens of these gimmicks come and go... Pressure reducers on fuel lines, "ionizers", "magnetizers", spark voltage increasers, fuel additives, all kinds of things that when it was said and done did little or nil to pay for themselves.

If it were that simple, all of the big ones, Ford, GM, Chrysler, etc would adopt it as they are under mandates from the government to increase their fuel mileage for the entire fleet. Now on this one, petrol does expand volumetrically, and it is volatile; warmed it would burn better.. And that is provable... But.. My guess is that it works, but only when the injector is cold, as in snow country or cold engine-cold injector... Even in snow country once the engine is warmed up, that injector is dead hot, too hot to handle and heating it would be nil affect. My guess is that would be how it works so the advertizing is truthful, is that the tests are only when the engine is cold...

I could be wrong, but would wager money on it...
Regards, Ranger...

"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 567893

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Tuesday, Feb 07, 2006 at 03:27

Tuesday, Feb 07, 2006 at 03:27
In the 1980's when I was in the Highway Patrol of the Victoria Police Force we had high powered Commodores that had problems with fuel vapourising while travelling at high speeds in hot weather, and they had to run return lines to the fuel tanks to stop this so we could just keep going.

There is no way that I would want to have anything on my car that would cause the fuel to vapourise before it got into the ignition chamber of the engine.

Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 567894

Reply By: Turist - Tuesday, Feb 07, 2006 at 03:43

Tuesday, Feb 07, 2006 at 03:43
Best device for better fuel economy is a soft shoe on the right foot.
Very cheap too.

Regards
Bob
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 567895

Our Sponsors