kipor generators

Submitted: Tuesday, Feb 07, 2006 at 02:24
ThreadID: 122462 Views:3853 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
hi all
i asked for feed back on these generators not a praise session for how good the honda is we know they wont let you down
the kipor seems to be reasonably well made & claim to be number 3 seller in europe
thier ratings are so similar to honda it uncanny as is the appearance etc
they now seem to have god aus coverage re warranty
has anyone used one if so what was your experience particularly re the ac start up
cheers
Stephen & Deborah

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Tuesday, Feb 07, 2006 at 03:22

Tuesday, Feb 07, 2006 at 03:22
If they are yellow in colour, I was looking at one at our local camping shop a few months ago and thought how similar they looked to the Honda, but only 2/3rd of the price of the Honda.

Could I suggest that you take your van around to your local distributor and get them to start it up and see if it will power the appliances that you want it to, especially the Air Conditioner.
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

AnswerID: 567896

Reply By: TroopyTracker - Tuesday, Feb 07, 2006 at 03:24

Tuesday, Feb 07, 2006 at 03:24
Member on caravanners forum bought the 2kva Kipor and it would NOT start his aircon. Not sure what air con he was trying to start, just make it a condition of the sale, then if it won't start it give it back. Fact is the Honda's DO start and run the BT air con happily, is the price difference big enough to take the risk?
Matt
AnswerID: 567897

Reply By: Freewheelers - Wednesday, Feb 08, 2006 at 03:26

Wednesday, Feb 08, 2006 at 03:26
thanks guys
ive spent some considerable time reading several good threads on the exploroz site
in summary people seem to be happy with the running , noise & fuel consumption
there is an issue with warranty as there is more than one importer including some single point outlets & no warranty cross
the prices on e bay for a 2 kva vary, $1299 is popular but as little as $899 is worth hunting for
the 2 kva is 21 kg dry 510x300x430
the 3 kva is 26 kg dry 560x320x450
whether the 2.0 will tart the bt ac remains to be seen
the suggestion to try before you buy isa good one
trouble is most of the hot prices are online prices so might have to find out the street address of the seller park out side with the bt go in get the start test done then duck outside with the laptop & modem to pay LOL
cheers
Stephen & Deborah

AnswerID: 567898

Our Sponsors