Great LED Head torch

Submitted: Wednesday, Feb 08, 2006 at 23:47
ThreadID: 122464 Views:4163 Replies:5 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
For those of you who roam about at night doing stuff, I can recommend these torches :

3 MODE 19 LED HEADLAMP WATERPROOF FLASHLIGHT WHITE NEW Item number: 8762407022

I already have one for over a year, a 7 LED version and only had to replace the elastic straps recently as they had deteriorated some. Jean also has one for abouit nine months - they get used nightly. I am upgrading to the 19 LED version as I do some gold detecting at night and good light is essential for locating some of the small stuff I detect.

They are remarkably well made for the price. Don't be put off by the $0.01 price tag as the cost of these is built into the postage. I have bought from this trader without a problem.

For <$15.00 you can't really go wrong and being LED's the three AAA batts last for ages.

have a good one.

John
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bushtracker - Thursday, Feb 09, 2006 at 01:00

Thursday, Feb 09, 2006 at 01:00
I will second that one as well...

One of my current experiments running is a 30 LED Torch with three D-cell batteries, the size of a Mag-Lite... The first test run is still going on the original batteries from 11/04. Now mind you, it is no where near the long range of a Mag-Lite on its narrow beam setting, more like the equivalent of the Mag-Lite when you twist the head of the torch to the Flood setting...

But it is plenty adequate. It is the answer to battery powered torches when re-chargeable batteries do not work well, and the landfills are full of disposable batteries. I bought three more of them for Christmas for the family, sorry, four more... And D-cells with a 2009 shelf life... Who know how long they will last in a torch, but it is evidently measured in years, when you are only using it sporatically.....

Regards from the ever experimenting Ranger....
"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 567900

Reply By: Bushtracker - Thursday, Feb 09, 2006 at 01:13

Thursday, Feb 09, 2006 at 01:13
Post Script:
The hands free headlamp ones G & D are talking about are brilliant as well. I have two versions, small and larger headlamp units. For anyone that has not discovered this technology, it has come of age. Great for baiting up fishing at night, or anything that requires hands free operation...

Cheers...
"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 567901

Reply By: Luvntravln - Thursday, Feb 09, 2006 at 04:14

Thursday, Feb 09, 2006 at 04:14
Fantastic - Now: Where/How do you purchase them?

Luvntravln
AnswerID: 567902

Follow Up By: Turist - Thursday, Feb 09, 2006 at 04:41

Thursday, Feb 09, 2006 at 04:41
On E Bay
Type the product number into the E Bay search

Bob
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 845416

Reply By: Fosssil - Thursday, Feb 09, 2006 at 05:25

Thursday, Feb 09, 2006 at 05:25
Hi John,
I was wondering how much a sensible bid is on this item...having never bought anything on ebay, I would have no idea...I am assuming it is more than 1 cent...???
Thanks for any advice,
Regards
Kev
AnswerID: 567903

Follow Up By: Fosssil - Thursday, Feb 09, 2006 at 07:22

Thursday, Feb 09, 2006 at 07:22
Hmmm,

well that was easy...sort of...I joined up etc.

I decided to just buy them instead of bidding and bought the headlamp for 1 pound 49 pence(or whatever...lol) and the hand held flashlight for 2 pound 49 pence ...

The postage is the killer..of 4 pound 99 pence .... I guess that they get some money from that...and they won't allow the sending of 2 items for 1 handling charge.

Altogether in my hand for the 2 items it will cost 35 dollars which is fairly cheap I would imagine

Altogether an interesting experience...lol

Thanks John,

Regards,

foss
FollowupID: 845417

Reply By: Grumblebum & Dragon - Thursday, Feb 09, 2006 at 07:46

Thursday, Feb 09, 2006 at 07:46
Hi there to those of you looking to purchase these or similiar items from eBay

Anyone can browse stuff for auction on eBay but to actually buy something you have to register and get a User name and a password. It is free.

Having done that look at the cataloge/index of the hundreds and thousands of items for either auction or 'buy it now' which is just a straight sale.

These LED head lamps are mostly in the Sporting Goods - Camping and Outdoors sub-section. The stuff is listed in time order with the nearest to end of auction at the top of the listing and the newly listed stuff lower down.

Pick an item and click on it to open. Check the description carefully, look at the trading record of the seller - how many trades completed what is his/her 'feedback' record. If the have completed hundreds of trades and have a 100% positive feedback record you are pretty safe.

You have the option of asking the seller questions - see the box in the lower half of the item listing.

To make a bid. You have a couple of choices. (a) you can place minimum opening bid, or bid a slightly higher amount you are comfortable with and eBay will automatically increase your level of bids up to the maximum you have specified. If you are outbid you will either recieve a message or an email stating that you have been outbid - with the option to increase your bid.

You will be advised or can see on eBay when the auction is over the winner and final price. You will get an email if you won or lost.

There are several ways of paying for items won. I prefer direct BtoB transfer. Ask the seller if they accept this method and to supply banking details. Other methods include third party transactions such as PayPal.

There is heaps and heaps of 'how to' info on the eBay site. I have sold quite a lot of stuff - including all my old 35mm cameras at good prices and bought a fair bit of stuff up to $1000 price tags.

The favorite trick of some buyers is to 'snipe' This requires that you wait to the last possible moment (1-2 minutes) of an auction before putting in a bid - usually at a few more dollars than the current price - then if someone only has the current bid in - you will usually win as eBay will only increase your bid to your max ... then the auction will be over.

Go and have a play and read all about it - its good fun!

Have fun

John
AnswerID: 567904

Our Sponsors