Customer reports two Fords blown up in Iraq...

Submitted: Friday, Feb 10, 2006 at 00:54
ThreadID: 122470 Views:3786 Replies:1 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Now this caught the Rangers eye a bit. I have only had about a 3% failure rate on Fords with a couple of automatic transmissions going in really hard work, with big vans, in rough conditions, giving it heaps.... But always doing my research.. Mind you it is about the same rate with Toyotas... Anyway, trying to research if it is the extreme chip up torque converter lock reported by Bob, that caused the problem... Or if it is the need to put in the higher boiling point full Synthetic oils and additional transmission cooler if you are really going off road in tough conditions doing hard work... Not only to do it in my own, but also for advice to other Boggers off-road fossicking for gold and other hard vehicle Yakka....

As you may or may not know, for current research, I have one of the best equipped 100 Series, Safari Turbo, Intercooled, front and rear diff-locks, more than you want to hear about, and a comparably equipped Ford, also with upgraded suspension and front and rear diff-locks and the rest... So, for the record, my studies are unbiased...

Anyway back to the subject... I wanted to know how the Fords went bad... Blown up engine or what? No, he reports "Really blown up, as in Shrapnel through the block"...
Ha! Bloody Ford Weakness again! Can't even take anti-tank missles, Ha!

Oh well, might keep mine anyway, not many road side bombs or anti-tank missles in the Outback... Pray it stays that way...

Cheers from the Ranger...
"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Black Cobra - Saturday, Feb 11, 2006 at 07:34

Saturday, Feb 11, 2006 at 07:34
I am still here in good old Baghdad, and thanks for your info on the F250's and Tojo's, you convinced me and it looks like I am going to get a F250, just doing the final do do's now will let you know.

If you let me know how to insert photos in this forum I will paste some good photos of vehicle that cannot hack the pace here in Iraq.

Cheers

Stewart
AnswerID: 567930

Follow Up By: Turist - Saturday, Feb 11, 2006 at 08:00

Saturday, Feb 11, 2006 at 08:00
How to Up Load Photographs into site.
The photo gallery system will display the images in the size you uploaded them. Now having said this, the optimal size for pictures to be displayed in this fashion is around 600 pixels in the maximum direction (what does this mean). Well let say a portrait image then the 600 would be the length and the width would be something like 480 - 500 (depends on camera, image programs etc). Then for the landscape image the 600 would be the width and the length would be 480 - 500 pixels.

In a nutshell all you should need to do using your image editing software is to go into the RESIZE options (not crop) and resize the image so that the maximum height or length is 600 pixels, the edit program will auto size the other dimension to keep the image in proportion. Once the resize is done do a Save As (so that you do no effect your original image), save to a different name and then use the upload functions on the site to upload and name the image.

FYI: Once you resize to these sizes the file size (bytes) of the image will be auto reduced to a images reduced in this fashion will always be less than 50Kb.

This will ensure that the image will fit on everyone’s computer when you open up the large view window.

"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 845446

Follow Up By: Black Cobra - Saturday, Feb 11, 2006 at 08:46

Saturday, Feb 11, 2006 at 08:46
Thanks for the info I will take the task on board. When you do this does it load the photos into this forum site or does it post them to the Photo Album link on the web page.

Because of the nature of my setup over here I use two computers to send and receive emails, don't ask why its a long story, and my software is on my personal computer and thats the one I cannot send email but can receive.

But I will give it my best shot.

Stewart
FollowupID: 845447

Follow Up By: Black Cobra - Saturday, Feb 11, 2006 at 08:57

Saturday, Feb 11, 2006 at 08:57
Just trying out the other computer, and I forget the time difference as well you are all probably in bed.

Just one other thing how do you get your little pic and comment along side your name when you talk on the forum.

Stewart
FollowupID: 845448

Follow Up By: Turist - Saturday, Feb 11, 2006 at 18:09

Saturday, Feb 11, 2006 at 18:09
Go to "My Home" and then to "My Profile". That will load yor signatuer photo.
All other photos go to the photo album.

We are still building this site and forum photo posts are one thing that we are considering for future improvemets.

Web page mods are costly so we go slowly.
(All donations gratefully accepted Ha)

Bob
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 845449

Our Sponsors