Another F250 Extra Cab for sale

Submitted: Wednesday, Feb 15, 2006 at 03:53
ThreadID: 122487 Views:4135 Replies:2 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
I had a phone call today from a friend of a BT owner who wanted to advertise his 2002 Extra Cab 7.3lt TD F250 for sale on the BOG site.
Apparently it has done 90,000km and has every conceivable extra that you can think of including bull bar, rear camera,air bags, a hugh spare fuel tank in tub, some sort of special canopy with a Rhino Boat load and tinny with 15hp Honda outboard all included.

He wants abou $80,000 for it.

His name is Bob Frankham and he lives in Tullabuggera on the Gold Coast.

His phone numbers if you are interested are Home 07 5534 8316 and Work 5535 5766.
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Turist - Wednesday, Feb 15, 2006 at 05:06

Wednesday, Feb 15, 2006 at 05:06
Getting to be a car sales forum.
What's the commission for the BOG?
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

AnswerID: 567991

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Thursday, Feb 16, 2006 at 03:39

Thursday, Feb 16, 2006 at 03:39
Bob,
That is not a silly idea for Non-Members, or this could get clogged up with Nationwide Sales... But how would you enforce it if it was not paid up front... It might be a Donation to post if not BOG Members??? Not so silly I would say... Regards, Ranger...
"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 845502

Follow Up By: Turist - Thursday, Feb 16, 2006 at 03:52

Thursday, Feb 16, 2006 at 03:52
Steve you have beaten me to the punch on that one.
Been formulating an answer as I believe that it has the potential to become a problem.

In my opinion any advertising should be restricted to members only and for that members benefit only.
No advertising the bloke next doors second hand fridge etc, only your own.

Other members may wish to comment on this.

One of the forum modifications yet to happen is a sort of "Members Trading Post" section and that will most likely be restricted to paid up full members.

I think that commercial operators, eg, boat loader manufacturers, 4wd accessory shops and the like should only be permitted to advertise if they become a sponsor of The BOG.

Again, member comments are welcome on this.
And please have your say, this is a member driven forum, I certainly like to hear your opinions.

regards
Bob
"Do It While You Can"

FollowupID: 845503

Follow Up By: Turist - Thursday, Feb 16, 2006 at 03:55

Thursday, Feb 16, 2006 at 03:55
I think that this subject may pull enough posts (at least I hope it does) to sustain it's own thread, so I will start on.

Please post your comments under the thread "Advertising On The BOG"

Bob
"Do It While You Can"

FollowupID: 845504

Reply By: Black Cobra - Wednesday, Feb 15, 2006 at 05:38

Wednesday, Feb 15, 2006 at 05:38
Bloody amazing, after speaking with Steven at BT, numerous emails, reading all the forum threads on F250 v Landcruiser and filling my head with info overload, I did it.

I have had 6 landruiser over the years, done the CSR and never had a bit of trouble with them and some were kitted out with a lot of goodies.

But what convinced me about the F truck was the towing capacity and longer wheelbase that made towing a BT more enjoyable.

Soooooooooooo! Murphy's Law has a lot to answer for, Steve beat me to Rob's F250 so I have just purchased a 2004 F250 from Sydney and getting it trucked to WA to start the process of getting the package together.

Then all these other 250's come onto the forum, yeah that would be right, anyway the beast I purchased is a good rig and has only done 25,000 km and in white which does not show scratches as much andcame with
Carry Boy Canopy
Tinted Windows
Bed Liner
Colour codes flares front and rear
Full side steps
Snorkle
Weather shields left & right
Sunvisor
Rear wind deflector
Ford Extenable mirrors

So as you see I have joined the F Truck Club and now look forward to specing up the BT.

Yes the dealers said that the 250's will become rare and harder to find, so selling price should increase for second hand ones.
AnswerID: 567992

Follow Up By: Noosa Fox - Wednesday, Feb 15, 2006 at 06:49

Wednesday, Feb 15, 2006 at 06:49
The 2004 model would have a few little extras that the earlier 2002 ones didn't have. Ours didn't even have a CD player and yours would have a 6 stacker in it an upgraded head lights etc.

I would recommend that you take the tow bar off and have plates welded on the sides of the box tube of the receiver so that the pin has about 10 mm of metal on each side of the tube to bite on rather than just 3 mm on each side. Mine was badly warn and had to have a bush welded on it to repair it.

We will be over in WA in 3 months time.

Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

FollowupID: 845505

Our Sponsors