Laramie

Submitted: Monday, Mar 06, 2006 at 03:02
ThreadID: 122534 Views:3979 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Parked in the RSL car park Merimbula yesterday A Laramie twin cab auto with Vic Plates on it. About the same size as a F250. Only markings on it was on the rear of the tub. Laramie 4 x 4 heavy duty and on the sides Ram 3500 also Cummings Turbo Diesel. looked brand new. Questions: who makes it, is any good, how does it rate against F250 and any thing else you can please tell me.

Thank
John, half of DJ's
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Monday, Mar 06, 2006 at 20:05

Monday, Mar 06, 2006 at 20:05
think it is a Dodge Ram (chrysler) and yes is popular USA unit imagine it would be good have a look at the usa chrysler web site
AnswerID: 568160

Reply By: Bushtracker - Monday, Mar 06, 2006 at 21:32

Monday, Mar 06, 2006 at 21:32
Hello DJ's,
Da Ranger here, and a Lover of Dodge... I have ridden around in a Dodge since about 1960 with vans... They are the cream of the lot, Cummins Diesel and all.. My family has always had Dodges, I have owned 2... But I have an Effie now and here is why:

Tracy, the other Director here at Bushtracker, actually has Dodge... Never mind that it took a year to get.... Never mind it is WAY more expensive than an F-250... Never mind that he is still waiting for Canberra Compliance to be issued.. It is still in his front yard and the poor bugger can't even drive it..!

Look, Ford has always been the workhorse, ambulances, fire brigades, search and rescue, game warden types, logger, forestry, contractors, and the lot... More of them than the Chevs and Dodges by far... Yes the Chevs and Dodges are a grade nicer, but at what cost? A new one can easily run over 100k! And not the least of all is the fact that the Ford has Service and Parts backup for anything, all over Australia.

Da Ranger just bought a little farm ute, F-250, 69,000 kms and more goodies than just about ever seen with front and rear diff-locks, 15,000 lb Winch, Bull bar, UHF, Alpine, air bag over suspension, and more for $65 k and it has 3 years 4 months of extended Warranty left on it.. Not sure it is necessary or cost effective to go the Chev or Dodge unless you are loaded ($) and just want the cut above... But even then it comes at a price without as good a backup...

Cheers, LR....
"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 568161

Reply By: The paca people - Tuesday, Mar 07, 2006 at 00:14

Tuesday, Mar 07, 2006 at 00:14
Hi Denise & John,

For more info on Dodge 4WD's I suggest you call Scott Page of Aust Compliance Conversions on 02 6862 5600. He is at 14 Forbes Rd, Parkes NSW.

He does Dodge Ram conversions from L to RH drive - a beautiful job too. We looked at his work when passing thru after Copeton 2005. He claims to be the only authorised (cretified) cxonversion man for Dodge in Auct.
The Cummins turbo engine if reputed to be far more fuel efficient than even 'da Rangers favourite brand (blue oval).

Unfortunately we cannot afford either to tow our 18'BT
Cheers, Martin B.
AnswerID: 568162

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Tuesday, Mar 07, 2006 at 00:21

Tuesday, Mar 07, 2006 at 00:21
aaaahhhhh, practical blue oval, not favourite, let's be fair here... I will swap my Effie for a Dodge Ram, Cummins Diesel, Dual Cab, just about any day.. Even throw in some money... Just not too much or it is not worth the effort.. Regards, da Ranger and Silver
"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 845619

Our Sponsors