OYSTER Satelite Dish

Submitted: Monday, Mar 13, 2006 at 08:20
ThreadID: 122546 Views:4176 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Couldn't find the posting where someone asked earlier about how the Oyster Satelite dish would stand up in the Bush.

We are travelling with Conrad & Nisa who have one mounted on their van, and after travelling on a couple of thousand Km of rough to very rough roads, their set is operating perfectly and Contrary to what Cobra Dave Had said in an earlier posting, they are able to obtain perfect pictures from all over the world, and it is just so easy. Point the remote at a receiver in the van and select the channel that you want and it comes in clearer than most household television. We have had TV everywhere he has put it up, and all within about 1 minute of activating the satelite dish.

If I had the money I would put one on our van.

Currently in Arkaroola and did the Ridge Top Tour today. Had to change our travel plans and heading for Port Augusta on Wednesday to Nearest WAECO repairer to Innamincka for fridge repair, and regas of air conditioner. Above 40 each day for the past week, and everywhere we go we are told we are too early to be out here.
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Luvntravln - Monday, Mar 13, 2006 at 19:36

Monday, Mar 13, 2006 at 19:36
Hi

Anybody know costs etc of this Oyster Satelite toy?

Jay
AnswerID: 568187

Follow Up By: Yogi and Muffin - Monday, Mar 13, 2006 at 20:17

Monday, Mar 13, 2006 at 20:17
About $6,700 fitted Jay, an expensive toy. Sound in Motion handle them.
Regards,
Tony
Yogi & Muffin

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 845631

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Monday, Mar 13, 2006 at 21:11

Monday, Mar 13, 2006 at 21:11
Hello Jay, and Fellow Boggers,
da Ranger here....

Please see my latest TIP # 91, 2006 Data Transmission via Satellite Dish, Update.. On the Owners Forum.... Short answer is "it ain't gonna happen wit da oyster" but there is a very good alternate...

NOW the important bit for this thread, MAJOR PRICE DROP FOR THE OYSTER...! Since data tranmission possibility appears to have hit the wall with a Canberra limit of 1 watt when it requires 5 watt, and there is an alternate technology available per my latest TIP # 91, there is no need for the Dual LNB on the Dish... (Low Noise Block) This is a further savings of about $150-200, so now the total savings is over $1000....

New price breakthrough is now $5610 with single LNB.. Dual is about $5775 or something like that, but can't see the bother with the 2 LNB setup...

Regards, da Ranger, doing da research 24/7
"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 845632

Reply By: Yogi and Muffin - Monday, Mar 13, 2006 at 19:36

Monday, Mar 13, 2006 at 19:36
Thanks for the info Brian, I asked the question initally. I think there may well be quite a few people interested in your report. Perhaps we can get a full report at Copeton. The Ridge Top Tour is spectacular isn't it ? A great example of the great Australian outback.
Have fun,
Tony
Yogi & Muffin

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 568188

Our Sponsors