Quiet

Submitted: Friday, Mar 24, 2006 at 04:13
ThreadID: 122564 Views:4594 Replies:7 FollowUps:7
This Thread has been Archived
Gee whis it shure is quiet on the BOG
Good reasons I think, I have had communication from members in SA and WA and all have "bumped into" several other Boggers also on the road.
Seems like most of our members are travelling, lucky buggers.
But that's what owning a BT is all about.

Well my new tow vehicle arrives in Australia next Sunday, on board the "Tampa"
About 4 weeks after that we should also be on the road again, glad to get out of Sydney for the winter.

In the meantime filling in time working on site improvements for the BOG.
Should have one little surprise for you all soon.
The others will follow after Motley gets to WA and has a talk with David at IT Beyond.

So what are all the other stay at homes up to?

Regards
Bob
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Agnes Lifestyle - Friday, Mar 24, 2006 at 05:34

Friday, Mar 24, 2006 at 05:34
Hello Bob,

Packing to take off in our BT beginning of may.Going to Alice,Mary River(fishing of course).The folk festival is on there in June and we expect to be helping out with friends.We wil do Litchfield ,Darwin and kakadu again and then move onto Gove where we expect to catch more fish. After gove we intend to go around the gulf to Kurumba. After that we don't have plans.See what cyclones do to the coast.Would like to spend some time at Cape Kimberley near the Daintree.Otherwise we might go fossicking inland.Mt Surprise etc.Expect to be away about 5 months.
Will miss the BOG site.
Dianne.
Anyone going to those areas?
AnswerID: 568256

Follow Up By: Mobi Condo - Friday, Mar 24, 2006 at 06:44

Friday, Mar 24, 2006 at 06:44
Howdy Agnes Lifestyle,
Not going thataway for a year or two - but certainly are interested in any accounts you can provide. Looks very nice from maps etc. One request - please don't fish it out?
Cheers - Ian & Sally
FollowupID: 845667

Reply By: Flipp'n Lorry - Friday, Mar 24, 2006 at 17:37

Friday, Mar 24, 2006 at 17:37
We are organising ourselves to pick up new van from B/T on the 10th of April... we have certainly missed not having it.Phil is madly trying to decide where we are going on our future trips for the year......
Lorraine
AnswerID: 568257

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Friday, Mar 24, 2006 at 18:14

Friday, Mar 24, 2006 at 18:14
Working - bogger!!! Me running a 45 bed homeless mens hostel here in the heart of London and Ivan has just returned from over 2 weeks in Afghanistan as a security consultant. Filling in his time now waiting for his next contract.

Angie and Ivan
AnswerID: 568258

Follow Up By: Turist - Friday, Mar 24, 2006 at 21:43

Friday, Mar 24, 2006 at 21:43
Hello Stranger.
Looking after 45 blokes while hubbys away, mmmmmmmmmm
Some would say that some girls have all the fun.

Bet you just can't wait for summer. All those hot sweaty males :-)

All the best
Bob
"Do It While You Can"

FollowupID: 845668

Reply By: Bushtracker - Friday, Mar 24, 2006 at 18:50

Friday, Mar 24, 2006 at 18:50
Easy to understand the why of it all....

It is one of the two nicest times of the year for travel... Winter can be a bit cold, nice to be socked in somewhere.. Summer a bit too hot... But spring and fall like this, and who would not want to be out there somewhere wandering about???

The BOG is most often for dreaming and playing when one can't get out there "doing it" or so I am told by fellow Boggers... Ha! But it is getting increasing easier to tell the tales when on the road. I would be one day soon we will have a practial BOG access everywhere by WIFI... Then we can get all the good stories of great venues, as they happen, on the Owners Forum..

"Outback Dreaming" .... Da Ranger..
AnswerID: 568259

Reply By: Gibbobear - Friday, Mar 24, 2006 at 21:28

Friday, Mar 24, 2006 at 21:28
Heading to Alice,Kakadu,Broome Perth Albany etc Maybe end trip with friends on Bruny Island, hope to get away June 1. Currently packing up for the trip, following Steves advice, we lay it out on garage floor and then put half of it away, next week we look at whats left and put half away again . Where did we get all this junk ?
Already swapped to living out of the bar fridge in the garage to get used to 140 litres in the BT. We better hurry and get on the road it sounds as though the landscape will be cluttered with BTs. Now where are we going to store the red ? No don't answer that question its too obvious.
AnswerID: 568260

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Friday, Mar 24, 2006 at 22:13

Friday, Mar 24, 2006 at 22:13
Hello Gibbo! Ian and Liz...

The hard part about stowing all that red is having all that good time... We have built now 44 second vans for people in the last 3 years since we started counting. The 44th is coming on Monday by reports..

When you stock your wine cellar, you might just find you need a larger van than the 16'... Ha! Regards from the Ranger...
FollowupID: 845669

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Friday, Mar 24, 2006 at 22:15

Friday, Mar 24, 2006 at 22:15
Or 45th is Ordered on Monday, from all accounts... If you bring too much wine with you, I could look after it.... For a while.... A very short while... Ha!
FollowupID: 845670

Follow Up By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Saturday, Mar 25, 2006 at 02:05

Saturday, Mar 25, 2006 at 02:05
hey I had a thought for all those who like to travel with their booze. why can't bushtracker put in a special "water tank" type container and then plumb the outlet next to the kitchen sink so you can have grog on tap wherever you go LOL. it can be filled up with the owners drug of choice.

Steve, I want the copyright fees for this one which I reckon would prove very popular Ha.

Angie
FollowupID: 845671

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Saturday, Mar 25, 2006 at 02:10

Saturday, Mar 25, 2006 at 02:10
You're a sick Puppy, Angie, Youve been over in the Fog in Mother England too long, you are going over the edge... Getting a head of steam up to drop out again! You are going daft...!

Want a job? We like that around here.. LOL...!
FollowupID: 845672

Reply By: Gibbobear - Friday, Mar 24, 2006 at 22:55

Friday, Mar 24, 2006 at 22:55
Steve

Thanks for the offer to 'mind" the red for a short time.
Sorry we only need the baby size BT for our cellar.
Isn't it catch 22 we could either afford a 30 ' or a bigger wine cellar.
AnswerID: 568261

Reply By: Cowcockies - Saturday, Mar 25, 2006 at 09:19

Saturday, Mar 25, 2006 at 09:19
Have been trying to decide if it my connection or a program problem. According to my computer the Owners Forum has not been up dated since Post I.D.2168 March 15 10.33 and the Forum Post I.D.2166 latest 15 March 09.52.
We are still receiving current entries via the Interactive Areas via "My Home" in both forums. This we suspect explains the lack of activity,
We have been on the road, round the coast SW Vic, SE SA, in February. Back to an appointment in Melbourne in early March, off next week Gippsland, Back to Shepparton mid April.Then go north probably via the Kidman Way

Regards David & Sue.
AnswerID: 568262

Follow Up By: Turist - Saturday, Mar 25, 2006 at 18:38

Saturday, Mar 25, 2006 at 18:38
Around March 15th we changed to another host for our website.
Hosting a website costs $$$$ and the costs are based around the traffic generated by the site.
The host we have been using was increasing thier charges to us as our traffic had significantly increased.
We have now moved to another hosting company that will save us some money as the "Pre-paid" traffic limit is significantly higher.
We do not expect to get any more "Over limit" bills.

During the changeover some minor hiccups occured and your 'updating' problems was one of them.

Everithing is now normal again.

Regards
Bob
"Do It While You Can"

FollowupID: 845673

Our Sponsors