Off Road Van Story features Bushtrackers

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 30, 2006 at 16:45
ThreadID: 122572 Views:3715 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Steve and Leith Harry, who camped next to us at Copeton, along with Mike and Carol Scovron, feature in a 6 page article on Off Road vans, in the May edition of Caravan & Motorhome Magazine.

That'll keep da Ranger Happy!!

Cheers..............Rob and Liz
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bushtracker - Thursday, Mar 30, 2006 at 23:23

Thursday, Mar 30, 2006 at 23:23
Hello Rob and Liz,
Good to hear, and I look forward to seeing it...

Unfortunately, Bushtracker does not get their fair share of advertising in articles and such. The others that do not build as well, throw hissy fits when ever we get the lime light.

One time we had a picture similar to what is on our Brochure of the whole wall frame crew of 9 standing on top of one of our bare frames, for an article in a magazine. Someone leaked it, and others threatened to pull their advertising if it was published...
Unfortunately, we have lost much faith in the magazines, where everyone is Best in a rotation, magazines of advertising budgeted fund raising.... "Truth in Advertising" yea, right..... Nice to see us get an article now and then though... Good Work!

I just feel sorry for the People that do not take the time to go to the Factories to see how the others build vans... They should not buy at the "Shows" where they can be fooled by others that copy the style of off road without the bones... We battle on..

Best Regards from the Ranger.... On patrol, looking for a better pass through the mountains...
"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 568282

Follow Up By: Tellem Bugrem - Friday, Mar 31, 2006 at 01:29

Friday, Mar 31, 2006 at 01:29
G'day Steve,

But wait....there's more.....Bushtrackers also make an appearance in the next article of the same magazine. On Page 125 in the Article "Tips and Techniques - Towing Hints.... then there's your ad inside the back cover, complete with your 9 team members atop a frame.

And, if you read the post in "Unsuitable for Caravans" you'll see we found a pass through the mountains, was a bit scary....but an exciting adventure. The Mack wouldn't make it, even without the Bushtracker....no way past that rock face!!

The new batteries are perfect. Thanks again!!

Cheers........Rob and Liz
FollowupID: 845691

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Friday, Mar 31, 2006 at 02:02

Friday, Mar 31, 2006 at 02:02
Aaahhh, da Mack ain't ma only Tow Vehicle... Just when I travel with horses... We went the tough route to Wombeyan caves in about 96 with a Toyota and an 18'... They were amazed we got in there, tore off a "T" handle on the watertight door.

Now, these days you know, it is horses for courses... And I usually only travel wit my buddies... "Quick" "Amigo" "Marshall" "Silver" "Tex" "Coco" and "Huey"..... Have to leave two at home till I can find a bigger truck... Ha!

On the frame, I had to pay to get it into our Advertising page, to get a point across..

Keep up the good work,
Regards from the Lone Ranger....

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 845692

Reply By: Turist - Friday, Mar 31, 2006 at 02:21

Friday, Mar 31, 2006 at 02:21
An observation on the magazines Steve.
Back in the days of our MSN site and in the early days of this site myself and other members were posting criticisms of the caravan reviews in the major mags.
The mags used to regularly publish photos of the underside of vans.
Our alert members spotted things like unattached brake lines, unsecure water tanks, electric cables badly positioned where they would chafe and in one instance a van with hydraulic brakes had a plastic hydraulic line running across the trailing arm.
Well we now believe that the magazines monitor the web forums.
There has not been an underbody shot for over a year.

Other major design deficiencies are never commented on by the reviewer.
Things like,
Window cant be opened when door is open.
Support for awning prevents storage hatch from opening.
Flimsy lace curtains over stove.
And the list goes on.

With obviosly flawed reports, reports written so as not to upset the advertiser, I for one no longer bother with these magazines.

An exception in this case, Ill have to get the May edition and see what our members are up to.

Regards
Bob
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 568283

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Friday, Mar 31, 2006 at 02:39

Friday, Mar 31, 2006 at 02:39
Bob,
I learned in disgust about ten years ago, that to be an Editor or work for those magazines, you had to have the qualification of knowing absolutely nothing about caravans... Ha! And it still rages on... Unbelievable!... I always get a chuckle when I open them up...

However, it irks me no end, the fact that they are fooling the Public in general...

And BTW, I had a 1975 white Eldorado, White, Baby Blue leather interior, last year of the Eldo.... What a Yacht... From memory 577 cu in V-8 something like that, and power everything you can imagine.. Actually 19 miles per gallon and "Floated" down the highway at about 100mph... I miss some of the old toys, but it was good that we had them... Yours reminded me of it, looks an awwful lot like it...

Kind Regards, and keep up the good work.. from the Ranger...
Semper Fi...

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 845693

Reply By: Agnes Lifestyle - Friday, Mar 31, 2006 at 16:13

Friday, Mar 31, 2006 at 16:13
IS IT MAY ALREADY!! I'm still in March.Supposed to be on the road in may.
AnswerID: 568284

Our Sponsors