Thank you Mr Bushranger

Submitted: Thursday, Apr 13, 2006 at 23:49
ThreadID: 122604 Views:4082 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Steve,
We have already ordered our 20ft. Land Yacht an intended to tow it with our 2002 Landrover Discovery. After lots of deliberation, enquiring, searching, and discussions, we decided to go the whole way and complete the package. It's because of your love of F250's and the good remarks made about them, that we have gone out spent a lot of extra money than anticipated on our readiness for an early semi-retirement. We found a second hand 2003, F250 Supercab, 7.3lt Td with pretty much the works. Bullbar (no winch as we would only need it for other bogged vehicles) with spotlights, Sports Bar with spotlights, Running Boards, Bin Liner, Turneau Cover, 3500kg tow hitch and all in excellent condition. The missus fell in love with it on first sight (we drove down from the Alice to Adelaide just to look at it). Naturally we traded the Landy in and drove the F250 back to the Alice the next day. Given it's size and engine capacity, we are absolutely wrapped in it's performance and fuel ecconemy (7 Km/Lt). So from the little lady and myself, we thank you Mr. Bushranger.
Jim and Marie
Alice Springs
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Tassie Bushies - Tuesday, Apr 18, 2006 at 07:33

Tuesday, Apr 18, 2006 at 07:33
Hi Jimarie.
Welcome.
Now your talking, & I bet your smiling. it really is nice to know that you just can't do better.
It's a long wait for the BT & it goes real slow, but the best is yet to come.
Think about a 4500kg hitch & weight distribution bars, as fully loaded, (depending on your options) you may be close to yours.
Just another option available for FORDS.
Regards Peter.

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 568353

Reply By: Paul and Barb - Tuesday, Apr 18, 2006 at 07:49

Tuesday, Apr 18, 2006 at 07:49
Hi Jim & Marie,
If it's not too late, you might give some thought to matching up the wheels on the Bushtracker to suit the F250. I'm just in the process of changing my wheels to suit my F250, previous tow vehicle was a Landcruiser.

Regards,

Paul.
AnswerID: 568354

Reply By: Bushtracker - Tuesday, Apr 18, 2006 at 18:35

Tuesday, Apr 18, 2006 at 18:35
Hello Jim and Marie,

Not sure I like the meld of Bushtracker and the "Lone Ranger"... Bushranger is a little bit harsh... Some people might get the negative idea of it, and that would be a shame considering all the time and effort I put into this Forum....

On your Ford, I am happy for you... I took my own advice for my own 22' van, and bought the same year, also loaded with more toys than you even want to hear about....

I have now done it up even more.. Ha! The more you drive it, the more you will love it, and the difference in wheelbase over the Disco could save your life... There is just so my more control and leverage over the van...!!!

Best Regards, the Ranger...

"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 568355

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Tuesday, Apr 18, 2006 at 18:46

Tuesday, Apr 18, 2006 at 18:46
Sorry, got distracted there, busy morning, and did not finish properly...
"So much more control over the van"..... Was what I meant to say....
Anyways,
The Disco might have done it, but for sure the Ford will just do it better... And the funny thing is, the bigger diesel will get better fuel economy when towing.. Not to mention all the other benefits like the bigger storage and payload capacity... I am in love with my 2003. Just to fire it up in the morning and listen to it starts my day with good feeling... "Sounds of Love... Ha!

The "Techies" Ford Certified Mechanics, on the Ford Powerstroke Forums in the States, have told me those engines are getting 300,000 miles with extreme abuse, 600,000 with fair care, and the record of one that got regular Ford service is 960,000 miles on the original engine and still going just fine....!!! The more people find out about these trucks, the more popular they are going to get...

Yea, Good Morning, from the Ranger, as in Hi Oh Silver!
"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 845726

Our Sponsors