Satellite TV Authorisations

Submitted: Monday, Apr 17, 2006 at 22:05
ThreadID: 122610 Views:4676 Replies:5 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone else experienced problems getting their Aurora smartcard turned on for Imparja and Seven Central? We were using the goldcard until Aurora turned them off recently, and although our genuine smartcard is authorised, we can't get through to Imparja (all you get after it nearly rings out, is a recorded message telling you to leave smartcard number and your phone number, and they have never contacted us back!) and Seven Central is constantly engaged until after hours when you get a recorded message telling you that you can't leave a message, and to ring back! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!! Sort of defeats the whole purpose of having the sat tv when all you can get is the local tv stations using the terrestrial antenae .
Comments anyone?
Regards, Jan O
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Flipp'n Lorry - Tuesday, Apr 18, 2006 at 00:37

Tuesday, Apr 18, 2006 at 00:37
I know that Optus is changing some of the rules of use, see www.aurorasatellite.com.au/ and section under "Optus Aurora Headlines" on home page.

I don't think this addreses your question if your card is authorised, but there is a phone number for questions/issues.

We have just taken delivery of a new BT, and our Oyster Sat system doesn't work at all till we get delivery of a new card.

Phil
AnswerID: 568369

Reply By: TroopyTracker - Tuesday, Apr 18, 2006 at 07:24

Tuesday, Apr 18, 2006 at 07:24
Jan,
Know what you mean, PITA now gold cards are dead. Wasn't looking forward to dealing with the tv stations but found these email address's on a link on the caravaners forum. Just say you are travelling in the east or west ( depending on which remembering you can only have east or west activated) and give your card number. I did it and had everything running within 24 hours. No phone calls etc.

Just fill in the blanks and email away

AUTHORISATION FOR SEVEN CENTRAL
-TRAVELLERS ONLY-

REGISTRATION DETAILS

NAME:

POSTAL ADDRESS:

TOWN: STATE : POSTCODE:

PH: FAX:

EMAIL:

VEHICLE REGISTRATION:

SMARTCARD NUMBER:

DETAILS OF TRIP
Dates travelling eg March 05 – Dec 05 Outline of travel destinations: pls note this service may only be activated for use within the TV1 remote central and eastern licence area.

Signed: ………………………………………… Date: ……………………………………..

Please note each application is assessed and approved on an individual basis. If granted, approval to receive Seven Central may be issued for a maximum timeline of 12 months after which the service will be disabled and a fresh application must be lodged.

Imparja Television

Smart Card Number –
Name –
Address –
Town/Suburb –
State/Territory –
Postcode –
Phone –
Car Rego -
Date –

Hi. I am travelling through ____________________ for approx ___ months. Can you please enable your service for us.

Thankyou

Email completed forms to relevent address. There's one for GWN but I can't get the link to work but something similar would work I guess.

decoders@imparja.com.au for IMPARJA
- or fax 0889530322 -

registrations@sevencentral.com.au for SEVEN CENTRAL
- or fax 0747262057 -

sss@optus.com.au for AURORA GWN/WIN
- or fax 1300555221 -

Cheers
Matt
AnswerID: 568370

Follow Up By: TroopyTracker - Tuesday, Apr 18, 2006 at 07:34

Tuesday, Apr 18, 2006 at 07:34
Here's the GWN form-

FORM FOR GWN & WIN WHEN IN WA. BE ADVISED THAT THE USE OF THIS FORM WILL REMOVE YOUR SEVEN & IMPARJA SERVICES IF YOU CURRENTLY HAVE THESE. YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO HAVE ALL FOUR COMMERICIAL STATIONS SIMULATANEOUSLY!

OPTUS AURORA

Smart Card Number –
Name –
Address –
Town/Suburb –
State/Territory –
Postcode –
Phone –
Car Rego –
Date -

Hi. I am travelling through regional WA for approx ___ months. Can you please enable the GWN and WIN services for us. I understand that doing this will remove the Seven and Imparja channels from my card if I currently have these.

Thankyou

Keep these forms in a word doc and just send them off when needed.
Matt
FollowupID: 845734

Reply By: Burt & Mary - Tuesday, Apr 18, 2006 at 19:05

Tuesday, Apr 18, 2006 at 19:05
bought an extra card
thinking about
https:// www.selectv.com/
$29.95 a month
AnswerID: 568371

Follow Up By: Motley - Tuesday, Apr 18, 2006 at 19:34

Tuesday, Apr 18, 2006 at 19:34
Having a look at the website, they are using the PAS-8 Satellite. Aurora (ABC, SBS, Imparja etc) come of Optus C1.

My take is that if you wanted to shift channels between Aurora and SelectTV, you would need to keep shifting your satellite dish (unless it's motorised)
Motley

Life's too short to drink bad wine.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 845735

Follow Up By: Burt & Mary - Wednesday, Apr 19, 2006 at 21:27

Wednesday, Apr 19, 2006 at 21:27
our satellite dish is armstrong model
listen to the radio for local news and can do without local TV
only takes minute to realign the dish if you want to change
get a digital sat tuning meter which shows satellite name
FollowupID: 845736

Reply By: Motley - Wednesday, Apr 19, 2006 at 21:52

Wednesday, Apr 19, 2006 at 21:52
Can you tell me where you got the Digital sat finder from? Any idea of the cost?

Thanks
Motley

Life's too short to drink bad wine.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 568372

Reply By: Rockgoc - Saturday, Apr 22, 2006 at 20:43

Saturday, Apr 22, 2006 at 20:43
Many thanks to all who replied with helpful suggestions. That's what I love about this group of likeminded folk...the willingness to jump in an lend a hand!
Cheers from Jan O.
AnswerID: 568373

Our Sponsors