Copeton Rally

Submitted: Monday, May 08, 2006 at 20:44
ThreadID: 122662 Views:4260 Replies:5 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
September 16 is going to come along a lot quicker than expected so time to start finalising arrangements.

Motley is touring WA and will be catching up with IT Beyond shortly to get some of our site enhancements set up.
Included in these enhancements will be a registration page for those attending.
When it appears please register your proposed attendance as soon as possible so that we may plan accordingly.
In the meantime a bit of member feedback would be appreciated.

We have one afternoon set aside for the AGM.

So far we are planning a catered dinner on one evening, same team as last year.
I think that we should also have a entertainment night, similar to last year.

Hopefully our favorite, best, greatest, most generous, good looking, handsome and tall in the saddle sponsor will assist with a wine tasting. (If I let him sit in the Chev maybe)

Not sure about the full carcase spit roast, with the numbers now attending it is a lot of work for a very few people.
Some may not realise that it is a straight shift starting at 4 am for the pig cook and a 6 am start for the sheep cook.
Thinking of alternatives and suggestions are welcome.

Some thoughts I have are;
Spit roast but with boned rolled bodies. This cuts cook time to about 7 hours and makes serving much easier, particularly if we use bain maries. More meat can be cooked also, just means a bit of a re-build on the spit roast machinery. (Any stainless fabricators in the group?)

A group BBQ, around the communal campfire area.

If sufficient members are interested we can also hire a dance floor for the entertainment night.

As with past rallies I do not want things to become too formalised, just a great gathering between a lot of people that share common interests.
There is plenty do do in the Copeton/Inverell area, fossicking, fishing, bushwalks, tennis and golf at the campsite, a motor museum in town etc so nobody will be bored.

So if you have any "wants" or suggestions for our rally please post them in this thread.

Regards
Bob

"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Turist - Wednesday, May 24, 2006 at 03:02

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 at 03:02
Seems that everyone is happy with the way the rally has been run previously, no new input.

Anyhow, the post is back on top of the list again as a reminder, all suggestions welcome.

Regards
Bob
"Do It While You Can"

AnswerID: 568516

Reply By: Bushtracker - Wednesday, May 24, 2006 at 18:34

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 at 18:34
How about a friendly Competition with a couple of Trophies... A Panel of Judges, on a Bushtracker open house day, and a nice Trophy for "Most Innovative Bushtracker invention" and "Reserve Champion, Most Innovative Bushtracker Invention...

Another day, "Custom Truck Show, aka Most S**t, I mean toys, bolted into truck" and "Reserve Champion..." Four nice Trophys, for Champion and Reserve Champion and I will throw in a couple of bottle of wine for each as well...

Whatch think? (Mack would have to be excluded, not fair competion, as it carries a whole Station of equipment on board...) BOG buys the Trophies, I'll throw in the wine..

Good idea for fun or what?

"Round the wagons in a circle boys, deres Indians about..." Lone Ranger...
AnswerID: 568517

Reply By: Freewheelers - Thursday, May 25, 2006 at 02:39

Thursday, May 25, 2006 at 02:39
Bob, Steve et al

They all sound like great ideas, our silence is not thru lack of interest, but because we don't expect to be able to attend the rally.

If our circumstances change at the last minute, could we come anyway, and fix you up on the spot for fees?

Cheers

Deb
Stephen & Deborah

AnswerID: 568518

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Thursday, May 25, 2006 at 23:26

Thursday, May 25, 2006 at 23:26
The Lone Ranger might not make it either..... Have to wait and see, and check with Keemosabe...

Cheers
FollowupID: 845830

Reply By: Tassie Bushies - Monday, May 29, 2006 at 20:19

Monday, May 29, 2006 at 20:19
Hi Bob.
Sept. 16th, is that the start date or finish date?
Regards Peter.

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 568519

Follow Up By: Turist - Tuesday, May 30, 2006 at 02:47

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 at 02:47
Saturday September 16th is the oficial start day.
A lot of Boggers start arriving up to a week prior to the official start day and just as many hang around for up to a week after the official closing day, the following Saturday.

This year we need to vacate our area by the 30th as another group is moving in.

Copeton State Recreation Area will accept site bookings from now,
Tel (02) 6723 6269 Fax (02) 6723 6207.
Tell them you are with the Bushtracker group, we have a negotiated discount rate.
Power poles are available, mention it if you need one. Four vans to a pole, random parking, no formal stuff like marked lines or concrete slabs.

A timetable will be posted on the Owners Forum after I catch up with our missing assistant managers.

Regards

Bob
"Do It While You Can"

FollowupID: 845831

Reply By: Tassie Bushies - Wednesday, May 31, 2006 at 20:11

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 at 20:11
Hi Bob.
Thanks for that, we will see you there.
Regards Peter.

My Profile  Send Message