Who Was It?

Submitted: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 at 02:48
ThreadID: 122666 Views:4056 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
A very embarrassing post.
I suppose I could say, a seniors issue. Others may not be so kind.

I did have an invite to meet another Bogger couple on the Gold Coast when we go up to get the Chev.
Well that's next week but believe it or not, I have forgotten who asked us.
But I havn't forgotten that they have a bottle of grog that they want to give away.

Help!!!!!!

Regards (And apologies)
Bob
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Keith & Joan - Wednesday, May 10, 2006 at 08:13

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 at 08:13
Bob! Bob! How soon we forget! Twas I that offered the bottle of grog.
The service you rendered was to re instate our name on the bog site for us.
Just a few key strokes you said!
Next week we are pretty well tied up, as we take my Mum out to lunch for Mothers day on the Monday (She hates crowds and will not go on the Sunday), and then my wife Joan is into hospital for a while on the Thursday 18th for a few days. However we are free on the Tuesday or the Wednesday if you are passing this way on either of those days. (We are at Nerang) If that is not convenient, then maybe on your way back, we could meet up and I could pay you the reward you so richly deserve.
We look forward to seeing you. Have a safe and pleasant trip.
Regards, Keith & Joan.
AnswerID: 568525

Reply By: Turist - Thursday, May 11, 2006 at 01:34

Thursday, May 11, 2006 at 01:34
Maybe I could save further embarrassing posts by using my forum administrator priveleges and deleting this thread now that I have the answer.

But I'll leave it here just in case the cowboy wants to comment.

After all, I beat him hands down on the Chev debate.

Thanks and regards
Bob
"Do It While You Can"

AnswerID: 568526

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Monday, May 15, 2006 at 18:46

Monday, May 15, 2006 at 18:46
No you didn't,

I just let you have the win, so you could feel good about your new toy... I never did tell you why Chevrolets are always the city trucks, and never out on the Frontier... Ha!

I never did tell you why they are not the choice for Fire Dept, Forestry, Game Wardens, Logging, Construction, Oil Fields, Service Trucks, Paramedics, Ambulances, anything that can need to do long service and hard work is always FORD.
I did not tell you why Chevys are called the Girls trucks and stay close to the city....
You might not want to know...

Ha! But they are very pretty. The Lone Ranger knows.....
"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 845835

Follow Up By: Turist - Tuesday, May 16, 2006 at 01:20

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 at 01:20
C'mon Steve, you have to do better than that.
Nothing but rhetoric, present some substance.
You are starting to sound like a big politician from WA, no real answers, just a lot of wind.

Ha, :-) Ha, :-) Ha, :-) Ha, :-) Ha, :-) Ha, :-) Ha, :-)

Regards
Bob

PS, Any truth in the rumour, the horsey games were won by Men from the Southern States pulling thier floats with Chevy Duromax Power.
"Do It While You Can"

FollowupID: 845836

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Tuesday, May 16, 2006 at 01:32

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 at 01:32
Look Bob,
It is OK that you have a Chevy. They are run by 17 Gameboy type computers for all that overly complex city type refinements... When one of them goes Buzzzzzz, you can always plug into a Chevrolet Diagnostic Computer to figure out which one it is...

Oooppsss, you won't have one...

Oh well, you can always go to the nearest Chevrolet Dealership to get plugged into theirs....

Ooops, now lets see, how many Chevrolet Dealerships are there around....???

Oh well, AREN'T YOU LUCKY, there are about 50 Fords on the BOG site that can tow you and your van to the nearest Dealership...

Ooops, now where were they again...????

After all that big bragging for six months on your Chevy to come, you better hope we don't get a picture of it being towed by a FORD!!! Ha!

Ha!

All jokes aside, congratulations on your new truck, and good luck picking it up in Gympie... All jokes aside, with this modern world, air freight from the U.S. for bits or from Gympie or Melbourne is no big deal...

Just don't ask me to sit in it, ain't going to happen, somebody might have a camera, and the Lone Ranger don't drive no Chevrolet... Ha!

As to the Reining Championships, there were three Chevs, no Duramax. Two petrol, one 6.5 Chev Diesel for sale... Fords all over the place....

Enough of the jokes, go pick up your new truck tommorrow and enjoy it....!
"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 845837

Our Sponsors