Gas Conversion-Diesel Motors

Submitted: Friday, May 12, 2006 at 00:15
ThreadID: 122669 Views:4357 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone done the home work on gas conversion on 7.3 Diesel Turbo F250. Any ideas?
Thanks Helen
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Turist - Friday, May 12, 2006 at 03:12

Friday, May 12, 2006 at 03:12
You may find some of the info you require on this site.

Regards
bob
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 568534

Reply By: Keith & Joan - Friday, May 12, 2006 at 03:25

Friday, May 12, 2006 at 03:25
Hi Helen, I have been making enquiries for a gas conversion for my 3 litre Nissan Patrol Turbo Diesel, and a firm rang me this morning with some details. They followed up by sending more comrehensive details by email. I will see if I can forward them on to your email address if you have one. I will look on the members list.
Obviously a 7.3 litre F 250 might be a bit different price wise, but the gist of it was that they would guarantee a net fuel saving of 10%, with an increase in Torque of 20%. They said if I ever sold the vehicle, I could remove it very easily and take it with me and install it on my next vehicle. The cost of this would be $4,400 installed and inclusive of GST. My Wife and I sat down and did a few quick calculations re the annual mileage, fuel used, and therefore savings per year, and we came to the conclusion that it would take 10 years to pay for itself before we made any savings at all. Then every year after that we would be saving an average of $4.54 per 100 kilometres. But if that $4,400 was left in the bank at say 5.4% it would earn us $238 per year, thus reducing the profitability of the gas conversion.
A 7.3 litre F250 sounds like a thirsty brute, but in reality it is only marginally more expensive to run than the Nissan at 3 litres. The 7.3 is not struggling at all, whereas the 3 litre Patrol would be struggling a bit particularly in a head wind or up a hill, therefore using lots more fuel. Anyway, I will send you all the details that I have as well as their phone number, which is 02-4966-1826 They are at Newcastle and their name is CSMU Technologies. I spoke to Richard Westaway and that is his phone number I have given you. Good Luck, and kind regards, Keith & Joan,
AnswerID: 568535

Reply By: TroopyTracker - Friday, May 12, 2006 at 04:47

Friday, May 12, 2006 at 04:47
No,
Although a friend had his turbo diesel Ford courier done. Main difference is he only paid $1800? Guy at Caloundra did it for him. Very happy with it, decent fuel savings and much more go. Spoke to him about it yesterday actually, said the guy is booked out for the next 18 months. Myself, I wouldn't bother with the F250, already has plenty of power and not to bad on the fuel. Wouldn't want to be the first to do it either. The guy at Caloundra is much more than just a fitter, I think he is involved on the development side of the systems. My mate mentioned something about him being in talks with Nissan re factory fitment??

Also, couple if issues ago in 4WD Monthly there was a good write up on a turbo diesel troopy with the gas system installed.

Matt
AnswerID: 568536

Reply By: TRB60 - Friday, May 12, 2006 at 05:35

Friday, May 12, 2006 at 05:35
Hi
I have a toyota 105r 1hz intercooled turbo and will have the gas conversion fitted in the next week or so by diesel gas Australia here in Townsville, by a guy named Poole Poole PH 0400 933 030 www.dieselgas.com.au.Yes it will take a long time to pay off the outlay, but the increase in power and fuel savings as well as the reduced waste diesel (black smoke) will be worth it . Will keep you posted with consumption figures at a later date.

Regards Terry Bridges.
AnswerID: 568537

Reply By: Itldoo - Sunday, May 21, 2006 at 06:21

Sunday, May 21, 2006 at 06:21
Thanks for all input on gas conversions. What with the cost of fuel I thought maybe a good idea but on finding more info it seems to only increase power Not needed in the 7.3 turbo
Helen
AnswerID: 568538

Our Sponsors