Note on Fords: ANY Chip up Potentially Voids Warranty...

Submitted: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at 00:14
ThreadID: 122692 Views:4029 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I just called Ford in Melbourne to get the final word, as I wanted to run Level 1 Tow Safe on a SuperChips MicroTuner on my F-250, for reportedly small fuel and performance benefit. It is reported that Ford in America OK's this Level One....

Ford Australia in Melbourne has just said NO! "The fuel is different in Oz and it will void the Warranty". Now, I am going to keep my SuperChips MicroTuner, because it will read the Fault Codes DTCs and there is a little book with it for Dianostics... But I have a Three Year Extended Warranty, and have just contacted the Warranty Claims Controller of Ford, and they have just said quote no and "It is not worth the risk"...

Warning, keep in mind your PCM Brain on the Ford 7.3 holds codes, and you would not want them to show up on your Ford if they run Diagnostics on it. If you have tried it and want to erase it now that you know, there is a way to do it, contact me by private email... I am just not going to run any Chip up on mine... You will have to assess for yourself if the fun is worth the Warranty on a $20,000 engine, I would guess no will be the answer...

In short, I am not going to run the Performance Enhancement, as per their quote "It is just not worth the risk".... Oh darn, it would have been fun to run a Monster Truck around town... Oh well, the Turbo 7.3 is enough on its own, be happy, you don't have to take on the WRX's ... Ha!

Regards from the Lone Ranger, tryin to look after every one...
"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 07:53

Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 07:53
2 Years ago when we had our F250 serviced at BP Broome, an authorised Ford service agent, they told me then that they had recently received advice from Ford that any F250 that had been fitted with a chip, would not be covered by warranty if there was any problem with Transmission.

Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 568588

Our Sponsors