Airfilter Restriction Gauge Ford F250

Submitted: Monday, May 29, 2006 at 02:28
ThreadID: 122699 Views:3970 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Lone Ranger......
have read your post at Powerstroke Forum re. Airfilter Restriction Gauge showing a restriction in the airbox. I have experienced the same problem even with a new filter and have tried a K&N filter with a slightly better result but still restricted. I too have a Snorkel(Safari) fitted.What brand is yours? There are about 3 brands available incl.the one Ford Aust.sells. It would be interesting to know how many of the Boggers who are driving F250's have Snorkels fitted(and what brand) and if they are having the same problem. I think the problem might be caused more at lower speed and harder working engine(like going up hill) when there is not enough ram air going down the tube.I was thinking about opening another inlet on the airbox itself but being able to close it off before water crossings. Opening up another inlet in the box will defy the purpose of the Snorkel of delivering cooler air and less dust to the filter but might still be better then driving around with a 50% restriction in air flow.Will send off a email to Safari and see what they have to say.
Regards
Adrian
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: The Warren - Monday, May 29, 2006 at 08:45

Monday, May 29, 2006 at 08:45
Brian Fox who is staying with us at the moment has a genuine Ford snorkel fitted to his F250 that has been there for about 3 years and has not experienced any decrease in power or performance with or without the snorkel.

Roger
AnswerID: 568602

Reply By: Bushtracker - Monday, May 29, 2006 at 20:34

Monday, May 29, 2006 at 20:34
Hello Adrian,
I am still doing research, and will have an answer as a TIP, when the results come in about a week or so from now... Look for it then. It is not a problem with the Safari or the Ford design, it is something else.. Look for the TIP in about ten days...

But the answer is not the K&N... From all reports it is for Performance People hot rodding but does not filter down far enough for longevity on such a good million kilometre engine... I am working on the best system, with fuel economy tests, running about 800-1000 km per week at night, and will have some results for you soon in real time fuel economy. But first of all would can the K&N from reports on the Ford Forums... I would go back to the Ford style filter, with those that engine is a 900,000 km engine...

Best Regards, Lone Ranger

"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 568603

Follow Up By:- Tuesday, May 30, 2006 at 02:16

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 at 02:16
Lone Ranger,
thanks for your advice,yes I've taken the K&N filter out,after reading all about it on the PS forum. I'm running the genuine Ford filter again.Looking forward to read your future report.
Regards
Adrian
FollowupID: 845890

Our Sponsors