More for nothing - Fantastic!

Submitted: Sunday, Jun 18, 2006 at 08:06
ThreadID: 122733 Views:4341 Replies:6 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
G'Day all
We are "newbies" (to Bushtracker that is - wish I could say the same with respect to years), I have just finished reading tips 24 to 44 and am amazed at the quantity and quality of information available - JUST PART OF THE SERVICE!. Not sure if the same info is available from other's web sites (I suspect not - am aware of one close competitors web site that is full of ad's for adult experiences). We tossed up pretty strongly with respect to the manufacturer of our "life extension" second home and apart from the superior technical aspects of the equipment are now well and truely convinced we made the right choice simply due to the "BT family attitude" and amount of "good stuff" available via the forums.
Fantastic! Love it - keep it coming.

PS
Where on the site do I find the remainder of the tips.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Turist - Sunday, Jun 18, 2006 at 19:08

Sunday, Jun 18, 2006 at 19:08
Wally some of our tips are not easy to find but steps are in place to correct this.
We will be consolidating all of this info into a tips and hints section that is seperately searchable, can be added to by members, browsed by members and edited by the administrator.
The format that we require for this page need to be written by a professional, beyond the abilities of Pete and myself and unfortunately our program writer has been laid up with a health problem.
But, as they say, watch this space.

in the meantime use our search facility, it will find anything you need on the site.
Type in a key word and fill in the date range, it'll get you there.

Regards
Bob
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 568719

Reply By: Fosssil - Sunday, Jun 18, 2006 at 20:04

Sunday, Jun 18, 2006 at 20:04
Hi Wally's

The procedure I follow to find the tips is to do a search first on the general forum for say the number 46 in the "Both area...ie the combination of active and archive. I don't put in any dates as it does not need them to search
if you alter things,

If I can't find a tip via a number in the general forum I look in the Owners forum.
If I still cant find it I give up on that number ....but you will find that process finds most numbers...ie just type in and search the number...that's all

fosss
AnswerID: 568720

Follow Up By: Fosssil - Sunday, Jun 18, 2006 at 20:11

Sunday, Jun 18, 2006 at 20:11
Of course, just searching the word "tip" scores many hits to look through.

don't forget to tick "topic" and "body"

fosss
FollowupID: 845961

Reply By: Grumblebum & Dragon - Monday, Jun 19, 2006 at 05:03

Monday, Jun 19, 2006 at 05:03
Hi Wally,
Welcome to the BT fraternity. I do not think there is another site of this quality around, and I have not seen any that provide the sort of tips that Steve and his team provide in terms of ongoing R&D and other tips.

I sometimes peruse other forums to see whats happening in other parts of the industry. Some are a giggle re quality issues and others are as slow as a wet sunday in tent.

John
AnswerID: 568721

Reply By: Bushtracker - Monday, Jun 19, 2006 at 17:40

Monday, Jun 19, 2006 at 17:40
Hello Wally's a Bushie,

A quick answer to your PS about how to get all of the TIPS

I did a quick search of this Forum, by this shortcut: First push on the part that says ACTIVE - ARCHIVED - BOTH... Push on the BOTH..

Then above it in the area of TOPIC or BODY, put the word TIP in the TOPIC... Then push SEARCH...

I did not even put any dates... Anyway I got two pages of the TIPS, all the way back to the beginning. Go through the first page, then at the bottom you will find the 1, 2, for the second page. Click on the 2, you have the second page of all of them. When you are finished go back to the top of the first page and push on CLEAR SEARCH, and you are back where you started...

You will have to do the same thing on the Owners Forum, as half of the TIPS are there, expecially ones particular to the personal Ownership of a Bushtracker... OK?

And Thank You for your Kind Comments. It makes me feel good about the large amount of time I spend putting the TIPS on there. You and others notes of appreciation make it all worthwhile. I am able to do some good..

Happy Trails, from the Lone Ranger

Semper Fidelis
"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 568722

Reply By: Bushtracker - Monday, Jun 19, 2006 at 21:13

Monday, Jun 19, 2006 at 21:13
One more thing there Wally's a Bushie,
Don't be afraid to ask, I would have 400-500 articles already there on just about every aspect of the Bushtracker Lifestyle... I just upgrade the technology in them, so I can send out answers to 25 questions a day.. I have done this independent sort of travel for 40 of my 50 plus years, America, Central America, Europe, Even Pacific Islands 10 years on Yachts fulltime, Africa, and now Australia since the 80's... Not left Oz except for one more jaunt through the western Caribbean on my last yacht before selling it, and a last trip to Africa on Game Patrol in '93.. I have made it a "Lifes Work" and am happy to answer any questions, so go ahead... I have actually made it a Lifestyle; independent, self sufficient, and comfortable. "Land Yachts".. Ha!

It is my job, out Scouting the Trail, the Lone Ranger at Bushtracker...
"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 568723

Reply By: Wally's a Bushie - Monday, Jun 19, 2006 at 23:59

Monday, Jun 19, 2006 at 23:59
Thanks to everybody who responded. The down side is of course that I will now spend many nights annoying Sandy reading all this stuff in bed.
Again thanks heaps.
AnswerID: 568724

Our Sponsors