Tyres

Submitted: Thursday, Jun 22, 2006 at 20:31
ThreadID: 122741 Views:3602 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone had experience with Mickey Thompson FC-II tyres?
See Site Link
They have the load rating for an F250 and they claim they have excellent dirt road stability without the black top road noise. They also have an 80K warranty.

Rosco
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bushtracker - Thursday, Jun 22, 2006 at 23:09

Thursday, Jun 22, 2006 at 23:09
Hello Rosco,
Less than half of Fords pulling Bushtrackers are on the BOG, so I am not sure you will get an answer. MT has a great reputation in off-road tyres, but were always on the dear side $$$. The comparable 10 ply close copy Competitor is Cooper, SST I think is the model. I have seen about as many of MT as the Coopers. From the look of things they may be very close.

If you go to their site, you see the larger big FAT MT tyres that they are famous for. Just about no one else makes a GIANT tyre in Load Range E in 10 ply, so MTs are the one. One of our Customers put the BiiiiiiGG ones on both jacked up Ford and the Van. It did look mickey smick... But takes expensive wide wheels that cost about as much as the tyres.. Probably close to $900 for combined tyre and wheel each.

If you are just talking about the stock sort of 10 ply size, like in 265/75/R16, then the Cooper and the MTs are running neck and neck, but I don't know about the dollars. Someone said "just try and get a MT in the Outback, Coopers were hard enough"... But with 10 ply and heavy sidewall, my feeling is you are unlikely to ever get a tire failure.

Sorry I can't be of more help. But they are the two I would consider to be close in that stock size. Big, fancy, jacked up, large sizes? MT is just about the only game.

I used BFG Muddies on mine, partly because I already had them, but they do make a little noise. Fabulous off-road.. But they may not qualify on your Ford, depends on the door stamp.. My door stamp allows the BFG 285 that I am running. They are a very good heavy sidewall muddie...

Regards from the Lone Ranger....
"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 568740

Our Sponsors