Relatives??

Submitted: Wednesday, Jul 05, 2006 at 18:04
ThreadID: 122766 Views:4504 Replies:2 FollowUps:7
This Thread has been Archived
Hey Steve, I see in the paper that there is a proposed "marriage" between Renault and G.M.
Does that mean that our trucks are gunna be 2nd cousins.
You know, Mac=Renault + Chev.
They will probably wanna share the same campsite at Copeton.
As long as they don't start swapping fluids, never know what would come out of that.
Could be a Volvo! or worse!

Ha

Bob
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bushtracker - Wednesday, Jul 05, 2006 at 19:28

Wednesday, Jul 05, 2006 at 19:28
That is cars Bob, cars... Not trucks... Cars

Volvo Trucks bought Renault Truck Division and Mack Trucks for a One World Truck that has the best of everything; Dana Spicer, Wabco, Isri, Eaton, etcetera, all the best of the world to take 1st place in the trucks over Isuzu.

Being a Real Truck, it will not have any GM girl stuff in it ... Ha! If we were to Breed my Mack on your cute Chevy at Copeton, we could have a litter of puppies, but they would all come out to be real trucks: FORDS... Ha! Ha! But if you like, I will drive my Mack 4x4 up on the back of cute Chevy for the night at Copeton and we can see what comes by morning. I would love to have another new FORD... Ha!

Hee hee Haw hee... Snort, buck snort... Ha! Lone Ranger..
"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 568814

Follow Up By: Turist - Thursday, Jul 06, 2006 at 21:13

Thursday, Jul 06, 2006 at 21:13
Steve we used to have another name for the offspring of an unmarried couple.
Started with B.
Looks like we 'gunna call 'em Frods now. Although I'm sure I heard someone call thier Frod a B.

Hardyhaha

Bob
"Do It While You Can"

FollowupID: 846021

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Thursday, Jul 06, 2006 at 21:21

Thursday, Jul 06, 2006 at 21:21
Oh Bob, stop worrying about the resale of your Chev when you upgrade in a few years. There are so few of them around, you will probably be able to auction it off to a highest bidder... And I might caution you that by then the new FORD (World Leader in works trucks in this size) will be out with their new model, twin turbo, Allison designed transmission... Think of how embarrassing it would be for you when you are back to driving a FORD after soooo much bagging... Ha!.... oops...

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 846022

Follow Up By: Turist - Thursday, Jul 06, 2006 at 21:36

Thursday, Jul 06, 2006 at 21:36
Havn't bagged one yet Steve, just pointed out the advantages of the Chev.
How could I bag a vehicle brand that is talking about releasing a model that is to copy all the better points of the Chev, you know, Alison transmission, variable pressure turbos, grade braking etc etc.

That would be like bagging a j&co, after all some of thier models have chequer plate sides now.
Just copying the better bits from a superior design.
Copying from the model that is in the forefront of developement I think is what you would say.

Laughs & Giggles

Bob

PS For the newbies that don't know, I towed a 20' BT over some of the worst stuff for 4 years with an F250. Had no issues.
I just like to stay in front, in front of STG that is. :-) :-)
"Do It While You Can"

FollowupID: 846023

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, Jul 06, 2006 at 04:58

Thursday, Jul 06, 2006 at 04:58
Kirk Kerkorian a 10% owner of a failing GM has proposed renault and nissan take GM over how about a Caddilac with a renault engine or a Hummer with a nissan hahahahahahahahahahah funneeeeeeeeee
AnswerID: 568815

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Thursday, Jul 06, 2006 at 16:59

Thursday, Jul 06, 2006 at 16:59
I'll tell you what Peter,

The way this bloody globalization buy out business is going, we will be lucky to have any choice in a few years!! Like half of the Mercedes are just the badge on Chrysler minivan, and you might just see a Hummer with a Nissan engine yet !!! (In that case it could be an improvement in fuel economy... Ha! I take your joke, and it is funny, but there is some truth in it... And that is not so funny... As they combine, we lose variety of purchasing choice and price competition... Oooops... LR

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 846024

Follow Up By: Croozer - Thursday, Jul 06, 2006 at 18:01

Thursday, Jul 06, 2006 at 18:01
Hey LR, what if: Jaytracker, Bushnix, Phoenron, Kedco, Coronix, Bushmaster or Tracktracker, just to name a few!

Some scary amalgamations there!

Cheers.
FollowupID: 846025

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Thursday, Jul 06, 2006 at 19:41

Thursday, Jul 06, 2006 at 19:41
Yea, like maybe Jayco will buy us out, close us down, and put the Bushtracker name on their off-road variety.. Ha! One can only hope.... Ha! Never know, we might get lucky and get a buy out yet... Ha! ...

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 846026

Follow Up By: Bushtracker - Thursday, Jul 06, 2006 at 21:25

Thursday, Jul 06, 2006 at 21:25
Just joking Croozer, we are here for the long haul, even the Chinese can't copy a Bushtracker affordably... We put too much into them...!!!

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 846027

Our Sponsors