Rough tracks.

Submitted: Thursday, Jul 20, 2006 at 00:38
ThreadID: 122797 Views:4335 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Upgrading from a Kimberley K to a BT. Have travelled Gunbarrel from Warburton to Carnegie/Wiluna; Gibb river road; Kulumbaroo Rd; Old Ghan track from Alice to Finke. Interested to get some feedback on BT travel on these tracks.

Regards, Graeme
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Silver Fox - Saturday, Jul 22, 2006 at 07:49

Saturday, Jul 22, 2006 at 07:49
Have done the Gibb R Rd. and part of Kalumburu Rd just recently. Bear in mind the conditions can change daily and certainly weekly. My rig is 20' BT towed by L/C 100 TD. I had virtually no troubles. The secret is to pick a speed which is sensible and appropriate to the conditions. Have your rig set-up well too. There was a fair bit of traffic. Have lights on for the dust clouds plus expect dips where there is no signage. Also expect at the bottom of dips is still damp meaning a deeper dip.! Corrugations sometimes were bad but mostly ok. River crossings by now may be very low. Pentecost was approx 25cm, Gibb same. King Edward was approx 400 cms. The only hairy bit was the road to Mitchell Plateau from Kalumburu Rd T/O. If u need any more detail I'm happy if u e-mail me. BTs can handle rough stuff. cheers
AnswerID: 568909

Our Sponsors