Firestone or PolyAir for F250?

Submitted: Thursday, Jul 20, 2006 at 02:09
ThreadID: 122798 Views:3651 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Just looking for your thoughts weather to use Firestone or PolyAir bellows for an F250 (Supercab) on the rear springs. I believe some are mounted under the chassis rail thus restricting the wheel travel.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Turist - Thursday, Jul 20, 2006 at 02:29

Thursday, Jul 20, 2006 at 02:29
We used Polyair on the F250 for about 60,000Kl, no problems.
They fit on the side of the chassis. You can fit them yourself if you want to, a few holes to drill but not difficult if you like to play with cars and tools.
I put the inflation valves in the rear bumber behind the swing down number plate.
You can get "in cab" controls as well but the one that I saw had 2 gauges, one for left, one for right.
Takes a bit of space.

Having said that I have the kit from the Air Bag Man on the Chevy.
Built in compressor, air reciever, auto pressure cut out and take off for tyre inflation, air duster etc.
Single gauge in cab with up-down controls, gauge has 2 needles, one for each side
Much better arrangement.

"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 568910

Reply By: Silver and Tinks - Thursday, Jul 20, 2006 at 02:39

Thursday, Jul 20, 2006 at 02:39
we have firestones on our f250 done about 10000k's
definately stop the truck porpoising and no problems todate

AnswerID: 568911

Reply By: The Boondockers - Saturday, Jul 22, 2006 at 07:26

Saturday, Jul 22, 2006 at 07:26
Thanks for your response. I ordered PolyAir. Seem to be almost identical just a little cheaper.
AnswerID: 568912

Our Sponsors