F250 Telescopic Mirrors

Submitted: Saturday, Jul 22, 2006 at 22:40
ThreadID: 122804 Views:3576 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I've just imported a set of the telescopic tow mirrora from ford in the US. I know that they have to be modified to suit our RHD vehicles, I'm wondering if anyone can let me know if i can do this myself??? I heard that i just need to file a new groove somewhere. Is this correct?? If not, what is the correct procedure?? Also, if i won't be able to do it myself, where do i go?? i'm in melbourne.


Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Turist - Sunday, Jul 23, 2006 at 01:42

Sunday, Jul 23, 2006 at 01:42
The "Just file a groove" method is pretty ordinary, leaves a bad looking job.
Correct method is to reverse the sliding arms, take them off one side, turn them upside down and re-fit to opposite side.
Job requires some expertise and special tools, not easy for a handyman.

Contact Jim at Vehicle Developement Corporation (VDC), they are just behind the Ford plant as you enter melbourne from the North.

"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 568925

Reply By: renpar - Sunday, Jul 23, 2006 at 08:45

Sunday, Jul 23, 2006 at 08:45
Thanks for the tip. I'll contact them as soon as i get back to OZ


AnswerID: 568926

Our Sponsors