Batteries & Bushtracker

Submitted: Monday, Jul 24, 2006 at 00:55
ThreadID: 122807 Views:4302 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Thanks for the advice for totally dead batteries and what happens if you are in the bush without ANY battery power.
Tourist gave a particularly helpful advise: if I wanted to know more real good advice I should become a financial member (become No 6), because there are 'real good' articles. That's like saying, when you buy a new car you should become a financial member of another organisation to get the instruction manuals!
The following (free advice) should really be in the user manual of vans that now cost more than $100,000.

1. 'AcDelco' batteries can be replaced by Delkor calcium, deep discharge batteries, model D27. They fit prefectly into the existing space without having to others where charger has to be recalibrated.

2. If without power in the bush, just connect a 12V source: battery, charger or from car to the external 12V connection on the van near the door, and presto you have fridge and water again until you can replace the batteries.

Good powering
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Turist - Monday, Jul 24, 2006 at 02:15

Monday, Jul 24, 2006 at 02:15
Falcon you may not be aware of how this forum operates.
It is not a manufactures forum, it is a forum that has been constructed by the members for the members.
It is funded by the members by subscription and by various other fund raising ventures.
Although it is not a manufacturers forum we have invited the company, Bushtracker International, to be a part of this group as both a contributor and sponsor.

You posted a message requesting information from BOG members. More detailed information posted by financial members regarding the questions you posed is available on the Members page.
If you wish to ask questions of the factory then there is a link at the right of this page that will take you to their site.

I am sure that you have gained a lot of valuable advise from the contributors of this forum so I will ask again, why not become a financial member and help us to keep this group alive.
I would not think that our small subscription fee would be an issue with the owner of a $100,000.00 van

If you are suggesting that we have only 6 members, the only interpretation that I can make from your remark, then you are far from correct. The correct information is available to financial members.

In the meantime, please enjoy the ‘free’ section of our forum, brought to you by the contributions and subscriptions of the financial members.

"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 568933

Reply By: Bushtracker - Monday, Jul 24, 2006 at 20:24

Monday, Jul 24, 2006 at 20:24
Falcon,
This is the Lone Ranger here, because I travel with horses.... In the mean world I am a Director of Bushtracker, and spend considerable amount of time here on the BOG to provide a free service to be of a help and return something to the Bushtracker Family.

I think "Turist" has straightened you out on most of the points.. You sound like you have a second hand van???? Possibly about four years old???? There are a number of TIPS on the Forum, regarding batteries, but the short answer is that if one fails it can ruin the others and it has the appearance of them all crashing at once... One fractures a plate on the corrugation, it drags the others down.

As to your comments about a van that costs over $100,000? It would have to be a large and very flash van to do that. Our average vans go out of here in the $80's and $90's, and second hand ones for about the same as by reports to us they hold their value more than any other van in Australia. Last two second hand 20' that we know of went for $85,000 each.

Now, if you want help on this Forum, I would suggest a softer tone, and there are any number of people that would be glad to help you, but this is NOT Bushtrackers Forum, and what help I give here is of my own good will. A nice attitude will get more than a disparaging one.. And what minor fee they charge to get to the Owners Forum, will be the cheapest and best investment you have EVER made. I am not responsible for you not getting an Owners Manual with your van, they do come with one. Lighten up a little, you have friends here…..
And Welcome to the BOG !!!!!!!!!

Regards, Lone Ranger...
"The Last Stand In Open Country"

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 568934

Reply By: Falcon - Monday, Jul 24, 2006 at 21:21

Monday, Jul 24, 2006 at 21:21
May be the sun should shine your way a bit.
AnswerID: 568935

Our Sponsors